Eight

~Rory's POV~

Why can't they leave me alone? For the last who knows how long I've been bullied and now they think a few words will make up for the shit they've pulled? No!

"Rory" Demetri is beside me as I was storming out wet "wait up!"

Stopping, I look at him "I'm not in a good mood right now"

"Be that as that may" I'm sorry? But who said stuff like that? Be that as that may? "Let's head to my room to talk, word will get out about you being part werewolf and most vampires around here will want to kill you"

"They can try" looking around "but I'm pretty resilient"

"I don't doubt that but" holding his arm out, I nod my head following him to a room. Once here, he closes the door. I look around the room to see it's dark with monocolors. I mean the main color is black with basic necessities. A bed, a couch at the foot of the bed, drawers on either side of the bed, curtains that completely cover the room. Both simple and elegant, I mean you can tell by what is all around.

"I like your room" walking around the place, there's a fireplace in here but it's not lit "do you normally keep a fire going?" From the lack of light bulbs I imagine him using the fireplace for the main source of light

"Normally" he nods his head, he goes through one door and comes out handing me a shirt "let your clothes dry"

Taking the black buttoned up shirt "Thanks, are you going to change?" I ask, he nods his head and I strip out of my wet clothes as Demetri comes back out in a silk pajama set.

"Do you want to sit?" Demetri waves to the couch once I have the shirt on, I nod my head as Killer who was rolling around in the wet clothes jumped into the couch with me "your kitten is a serious cock block"

"Just need to find her another cock to block" I scratch her chin and she meows happily at the attention she gets "she's a magical kitten"

"Magical kitten?" He asks

I nod my head "Magical pets tend to live for a longer time than most animals, so Killer here might live up to a hundred years or more" looking at Demetri "but Killer isn't who we are talking about right now"

"Do you know Italian?" 

"Fake it till I make it" I cross my legs "what did that rat looking guy mean by soulmates, like"

"We're soulmates" he says "it's why I couldn't kill you, my soul didn't want me to...Marcus the depressed one he saw the mate bond between us"

"I don't mean to be rude" I say "but didn't you know or"

"I guess a small part me of" he answers "and I don't mind, I'm currently beating myself up wondering how I didn't realize it—in the other universe, do soulmates exist?"

"Not that I know of" shaking my head "I've never even knew that was a thing, I mean I know about doppelgänger's and how the universe always pairs them together"

"What?" He asks

I nod my head "In the other world, the one I'm from doppelgänger's are these supernatural creatures that are shadow selves of the original person" waving my hand "it's a really long story but we're talking about soulmates" wow I can't believe I'm going to say this "can we take things slow?"

"Of course" nodding his head "so you aren't rejecting me?"

I shake my head no "Are you?"

He shakes his head no "I am perfectly fine with us going slow"

"Thank you" smiling to him "I just...I've never done this"

"Date?" He asks. I nod my head "you've never had a boyfriend from before?"

"I tend to keep myself closed off" I say "for reasons I don't really want to say right now"

He nods his head, taking my hand "When your ready I'm here to listen"

"Thanks" mouthing to him and my phone goes off and I groan "if my phone wasn't spelled I would have destroyed it by now" so I do the one thing I know I can do at this point, turn it off.