Chapter 14: Lowee - Gaining Trust

[The Next Day]

As Alex returned to the Basilicom after today's round of mercenary requests, his mind began to wander before he realized something.

He never really bothered getting to know the CPUs better as he would just move around the place minding his own business, go out into the city to fulfill his merc quota for the day, and then come back only to sleep or eat.

Despite the fact that he and Vert had spent a lot of time together the last few days he had in Leanbox, he had hardly spent time with her before then.

If Rom used to fear him because of her lack of trust in him, then Ram's pranks probably had a similar reason behind them.

Alex thought about it for a moment and figured that if he managed to show them he could get along with Blanc, then he'd hopefully gain the trust of Ram and she would eventually stop or at least ease up a bit, at least that's what he thought would happen.

While walking through the hallway, Alex recalled his chat with Rom yesterday and what he answered to her.

"I hope so too, huh?" He said to himself as he recalled the CPU Candidate's smile.

The young boy wasn't really sure if it was smart approaching Blanc while she was busy but after talking with Rom the other day, he felt the urge to do it but first, he needed to be ready.

Alex proceeded to walk all over the castle before eventually finding the person he was looking for which was Mina as he asked her a question.

"What kind of person is Lady Blanc?" Said Mina while turning her head to look at him. "Why do you wish to know that?"

"I thought that If I showed those two that I can get along with their sister, then they might ease up on me. I get the feeling that their lack of trust in me is causing their behavior so I figured that if I got along with Blanc, I'd gain their trust." He said.

"I see. That certainly sounds like a good idea." Replied the oracle with a smile.

"Anything you can tell me about her?" Asked Alex.

Mina closed her eyes and thought for a moment before opening them and looking at Alex again.

"For starters, Lady Blanc loves books with a passion. She loves it so much that she dedicates herself to write whenever she has the chance." She replied while pointing that out as the first detail. "Also, she is very shy and caring for others."

"I can't really say she left that impression on me when we first met." He said with his eyes closed while sweat dropping as he recalled how harshly Blanc chewed out Neptune when he first met the other CPUs.

"Well, I do admit that she was quite angered because of the sudden shift in shares." She admitted while sweat dropping with a weak smile. "Either way, I can assure you that Lady Blanc is a caring person. In fact, I'm sure she's been thinking about how to help you get along with Rom and Ram."

Alex simply scratched the back of his head and looked sideways with a skeptic expression.

In the last week, she hardly talked to him let alone tried doing something.

Just like Vert, Blanc spent all of her time locked up in her room with the only difference being that she would spend her time reading and not playing games.

Mina looked at the young boy's expression and could tell he didn't believe in her description of Blanc.

While his way of seeing Lowee's CPU was slightly rude, she could understand it perfectly.

After all, he wasn't the first one to think like that.

"If you go and talk with her, I'm sure you'll understand." Said the oracle with a smile.