Chapter 28: Lastation - Kei's Words

"So Kei said ASIC's base of operations is an abandoned factory." Said Black Sister before looking at her elder sister who was flying a bit ahead of her. "Do you think they're really there?"

"Does it really matter? If they're not there, that's fine. If they are, then we just take care of them swiftly."

"Understood…"

Black Heart and Black Sister flew towards an abandoned factory on the outskirts of Lastation territory.

On the way there, Black Sister noticed that despite looking focused, part of Black Heart's mind seemed to be elsewhere at the moment.

Most likelly because of what Alex said yesterday, which still kept nagging on the back of her brain.

'Being honest with myself…' Thought Black Heart while flying.

When thinking about the CPUs and their personalities, she was by far the only one that expressed such a strong rejection regarding the things she liked in front of others.

Vert would let her excessive obsession with MMOs and Yaoi be easily seen, and she clearly liked to speak about it with anyone willing to listen as well and be seen freely without feeling any shame at all, even when around her own citizens.

Blanc wouldn't mind in the least either whatever her people thought about her obsessive desire to read for entire days on no end or her passion for becoming a famous author.

Neptune was, well, Neptune. No matter how badly people could think of her sometimes because of her childish attitude and total randomness, Neptune would always go through life with a smile and a bright mood, no matter how badly even her own citizens thought of her.

The ways all three of them acted and allowed their passions and hobbies to be seen by others varied, but the three CPUs had one thing in common.

They were upfront about it and honest, not only with others, but with themselves.

Perhaps this honesty was the thing that made the young boy acknowledge them and at the same time made it so hard for her to gain said acknowledgement.

"I see it! Over there!" Said Black Sister, snapping her elder sister out of her train of thought.

Black Heart quickly looked at the area around them and spotted the factory.

It looked old and rather worn out on the outside, along with vegetation growing around it and having taken over most of the walls, but most of the reports mentioned this as the place.

With this in mind, both sisters landed in front of it and looked at their surroundings.

"I don't see anyone." Said Black Sister.

"They could be hiding...Keep your guard up" Said Black Heart while turning her head to look at the CPU Candidate and then turned it to look forward again and summoned her massive sword which encouraged Black Sister to do the same and summon her gun.

Now armed and ready, both sisters entered the building expecting a fight, but only found the remains of the old factory's machines.

"There's nothing here?'"

"We don't know for sure yet, try looking around." Said Black Heart while turning back to look at her.

It took some thorough searching, but the two CPUs managed to find a passage leading deeper into a more open area of the factory.

There, they found many new machines that were still working along with countless robot workers, all focused on manufacturing endless black chips.

"What is this place?" Asked Black Sister while looking around.