Chapter 25: Lastation - An Errand

[TimeSkip: A Week Later]

Noire sorted out and signed up the piles of paperwork that arrived today, just like those that arrived every day.

The mountains of documents and papers were filled from start to finnish with writing about the development or funding of different project initiatives, mostly of technological or industrial nature, economic rates of Lastation's monthly production and market values, national budget distribution or even policy and public welfare related issues.

Although Kei, Uni, and the staff of the Basilicom helped confirm and sort out these large amounts of work, Noire always made sure to check everything that entered the basilicom with her own eyes, double checking and calculating everything.

From morning to night, she would be the first to wake up and last to go to sleep. This diligent behavior earned her the reputation of an "ideal goddess" among her people, which she and everyone working for her felt proud of, but at the same time it bred concerns among those closest to her, mostly her oracle and younger sister, who couldn't help but worry from time to time.

They were always plagued by the feeling that Noire was overdoing it more than just a bit and even a considerable number of the Basilicom's workers worried about her, despite that strong will to do everything without faltering being what initially gave birth to their faith in her.

"Aaand done!" Said Lastation's CPU after she finished printing the seal of approval in her last document.

As she laid back and stretched her arms for a bit, the CPU then turned her head to look at the clock.

It was still 2:26 PM, a rather early hour of the day for the workload to become thinner, and much less for it to even stop coming.

'Hm, I guess today's workload was rather light.' She thought while realizing how fast she managed to finish today.

Without anything else to do for the remainder of the day, Noire decided to get up and take a walk around the basilicom to stretch her legs.

As she walked down the hallways, The CPU recalled the conversation she had with Kei a week ago.

"My sources believe to have discovered a lead on ASIC's current activities within our Nation's territory." Reported the oracle with a stern face.

"Fill me in." Said Noire while putting her elbows on the desk and her hands together.

Kei then stepped closer to the desk and placed a dossier over it, which Noire opened and examined the pack of documents one by one while the silver-haired oracle gave her a summary of what she'd find in it.

"This is a collection of reports we've been receiving regarding the subject. It's mostly evidence collected over the last few days of research and testimonies from both civilians and security forces alike."

"So they're finally In Lastation..."

Lastation's CPU quickly became just as stern as Kei, if not more after her worries were confirmed to be truth.

"I believe they've been here far before we became aware of their presence. The fact that they're not as concerned about remaining as inconspicuous as they used to be leads me to believe they're preparing to execute an operation of a rather large scale."

"What exactly?"

"I'm not sure..." Replied the Oracle with her eyes closed and shaking her head slowly. "While the ASIC's presence on Lastation's territory has been definitely confirmed, the idea of a large scale operation is still just a speculation until further evidence is obtained."