Chapter 26: Lastation - Confrontation

The weapons store, as the name implied, was filled to the brim with all sorts of weapons.

From swords, knives, and high caliber guns, every kind of weapon you could imagine was hanged on the wall and sold for a price.

"Hm…this one, or maybe this one?" Muttered Alex to himself while browsing through the various brands of gun oils placed on the shelves before turning his head to look at Noire. "Which one do you think it is?"

"How would I know? I use swords, not guns" Said Noire, who until now was looking at Alex with her arms folded.

"Well, I thought you'd know since you're sisters." He said.

"You know, just because we're sisters doesn't mean I know everything about her..." Said Noire with her eyes closed.

Thinking about it, Noire didn't know much about Uni except for maybe the foods she liked and didn't like and that she was into guns but beyond that, she didn't really know anything else about her.

Realizing she knew so little about her own little sister made Noire feel a bit worried about their relationship.

'Maybe I should try spending some more time with Uni...' Thought the CPU while sweat dropping.

"You kids."

After hearing a deep voice, both Noire and Alex turned their heads to look behind them and saw an old man with white hair and a bushy beard.

He had a few wrinkles and was wearing a black military jacket over a white t-shirt, along with matching pants and a beret, also a pair of combat boots and an eye patch.

"Uwah!" Said Noire as she nearly jumped back from the old man's sudden appearance. "Wh-Who are you!?"

"I'm this store's owner." said the old man with a rather grumpy tone while looking at Noire before eyeing Alex. "Now, what are you looking for?"

More than angry because of Noire's reaction, the store's owner seemed to generally be a grumpy person.

"We're looking for gun oil, any idea which one we need?" Asked Alex.

"Depends on what gun you're buying it for." Said the man.

"I'm not really sure about the gun, I'm on an errand for someone." Replied the boy.

"Errand? For who?" Asked the owner while raising an eyebrow.

"A girl named Uni" Said Alex rather bluntly before pointing at Noire. "Looks a lot like her but shorter."

The owner looked at Noire, who was looking at Alex while sweat dropping. The gun shop probably had quite a number of customers nearly every day.

Remembering one specific person would be very difficult, especially when given such a vague description.

"Come on, there's no way he'll tell just from that..."

"Ah, little Uni sent you?" Said the owner while sounding more lively than before.

"Seriously!?" Quickly said Noire with widened eyes.

"Lovely lady, that girl...A little clumsy when oiling the guns sometimes though."

The owner then walked past Alex and looked at the gun oils for a moment before picking one up and giving it to him.

"Here. This one's the brand she uses usually."

"Thank you sir." Said Alex while looking at the bottle of oil.

"No problem. Just tell the little lady to come over every few days or so!" Replied the old man with a suprisingly lively attitude. "It gets really quiet without her around here."