Chapter 19: Lowee - Getting The Twins Back

After a few more minutes of flying, they finally arrived at the location which was called "The World Labyrinth".

Upon arrival, It was unlike anything Alex had seen so far as the entire place was made out of different colored blocks that lightened up every few moments, making the entire place look like a giant dancing floor that you could see in the discos during the 70s.

Putting the labyrinth's peculiar appearance aside, Alex and White Heart had no time for sightseeing as they headed deeper into the dungeon to search for Rom before she undid the seal.

"Come on, come on, hurry it up! Those guys could be here any minute now!" Said Underling as she watched the CPU Candidate undo the seal.

"There they are!" Said Alex after spotting them.

"Right as I said it?!" Yelled the underling while turning around and looking at the two heading towards them.

Suddenly, a loud sound coming behind Underling caught her attention as she turned her head to look over her shoulder and saw some of the blocks sliding away from each other, opening a purple portal made of a blinding light.

"Crap! We didn't make it in time!" Said White Heart while looking at the portal.

Seeing her mission had succeeded, Underling smirked and looked at the two again while laughing.

"Too late! The seal is broken! Now these machines can come out and destroy you!" She said before pointing at them. "Killachines! Get out here and kill those two!"

As the portal began glowing brighter, both Alex and White Heart took assault stances, getting ready to fight.

Slowly, the first Killachine came out causing both them to widen their eyes, but not exactly out of amazement.

"Ahahahah! You should look at your faces right now!" Said the underling while laughing, unaware of what truly made both of them make their current expression.

"…Maybe you should take a look at your 'war' machines" Said Alex while pointing at the Killachine behind Underling with a neutral expression.

"Huh?"

The underling turned her head and looked at the Killachine, only to see that the massive machine was everything but fit for battle as it was rusted from head to tail and barely moved.

"Wha-What the hell!?" Said Underling in shock.

"I think your war machine is a bit rusty...literally." Said Alex.

"Sh-Shut up! It's just a little rust!" Snarled Linda while turning her head to look at Alex, then turned It again to look at the Killachine and pointed at him "Killachine! Kill that little jackass!"

The rusted machine beeped a few times before its eyes lightened up, then it proceeded to slowly move towards Alex.

Once the Killachine stood in front of him, it began raising its arm at an even slower pace while preparing to use a chop attack against him but suddenly, there was a small explosion in the shoulder joint and the robot's arm fell to the floor.

Alex looked at the arm and then at the robot which seemed to have stopped moving.

He stepped aside from the machine and looked at Underling again with a raised eyebrow.

"Th-that was just the first one! I'm sure the next one will be better!"

As she heard the portal again, the underling turned around to look at the second machine coming out.

Unfortunately for her, the second one was just as bad as the first one.

"Well…you know what they say, third time's the charm!" She said with a weak laugh.