Chapter 31: Planeptune - Somber Mood

[A Couple of Days Later]

With his his sword in hand, Alex leaped towards the ancient dragon and landed the last attack, taking the beast down for good.

As the monster fell down to the floor and perished, Alex looked at it for a moment before sheathing his sword back.

"Quota met for today." He said while turning around and leaving the dungeon.

During the last few days, Neptune had been focusing on him quite a lot. Almost every day she'd follow the young boy to wherever he went and she'd be as loud as she could be which was frequent as whenever Nepgear, Histoire, Compa or IF weren't around, Planeptune's CPU would decide to hang around Alex, always asking him to play games together, not that it was really a bad thing or anything but as someone who enjoyed peace and quiet, being around the loud and excessively energetic Neptune would obviously get annoying sooner or later.

With today's quota fulfilled, Alex returned to the Planeptower as he walked into the kitchen to see if he could snatch a snack and found both Nepgear and Compa who were wearing pink aprons and seemed to be stewing something.

Feeling curious, the young boy approached them to see what they were doing, and it didn't take long for the CPU Candidate to notice his presence and turn her head to see him.

"Ah!" Said Nepgear while nearly jumping back from the scare she got.

"Kyah! W-What's wrong, Ge-Ge?" Asked the Nurse as she turned her head to look at the CPU Candidate.

When noticing it was Alex, Nepgear calmed down.

"A-Alex! Please don't appear like that all of a sudden!"

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

Compa then noticed Alex standing next to Nepgear.

"Ah, it's Al-Al..." She said with relief. "I thought you cut yourself with a knife for a moment there."

"D-Don't worry about it. Is there anything you need?" Asked Nepgear as she faced Alex.

"Not really. Just wanted to see what you two were doing."

"I was teaching Ge-Ge how to make stew."

"Is that so?" Said Alex before approaching the pot and looking inside it. "Looks good so far..."

"You think so? It's my first time making one of these so I was scared of it not coming out alright." Answered the CPU Candidate with a smile.

The young boy moved his eyes from the pot and focused again on her for a moment.

Unlike the perky, rude, and childish Neptune, Nepgear was the complete opposite. She was polite, calmer and generally more mature in the way she acted.

Even now Alex was having a hard time believing she was the younger sister.

"Hey. Are you really the younger sister?"

"We get that a lot, but Neptune really is the older one."

As unbelievable as it could be for Alex, Neptune was the older one. Everyone said the same thing, even the other CPUs.

At this point, the young boy couldn't do anything else but accept this was just the reality.

"Hey, Alex. Do you know how to cook?" Asked Compa while approaching him and the CPU candidate

"Cook? Well…"

Naturally since he had been living on his own for over six years already, Alex had to learn on how to cook so he wouldn't constantly be feasting on outdoor food, though Alex didn't really opt to learn anything rather than the basics like Eggs and Toast.