Chapter 30: Planeptune - Hangout with Nep

Planeptune's most notable feature was its futuristic technology.

While Leanbox proved to be advanced and highly urbanized and Lastation had an outstanding level of industrial development, Planeptune had the most advanced technology but still retained classical tendencies among its districts. There were also things like public baths and hot springs on the outskirts, but Alex didn't really see any point in going there alone.

Oddly enough, this nation's main economic focus wasn't industry like Lastation or Leanbox, but hobby and entertainment goods such as manga, anime, video games, PVC figures and other types of goods related to the otaku culture.

This initially confused the young boy, who couldn't understand how a nation that relied mostly on that kind of market could become the most advanced in terms of civilization and technology.

Later in time, he learned that despite its advanced appearance, Planeptune was also the most ravaged and attacked by monsters and the nation once faced a serious economic crisis in the past, but thanks to Histoire's efforts it managed to get back up on its feet and thrive, which is why she got chosen as Planeptune's Oracle by the citizens.

As his mind recalled this explanation from the oracle, Alex leaned on the rail of the tower's balcony and checked out the view. This gave him a surpising feeling of calm and quiet, which unfortunately didn't last long.

"Ally! Let's play a game!"

The sudden sound of Neptune yelling right behind him caused the young boy to move forward by reflex, slipping off the rail and nearly falling off of it if he hadn't grabbed the rail with both hands in the last moment.

He then quickly placed his feet on the floor and regained his balance before turning around to look at Neptune with an unamused expression.

"I've you many times. It's Alex. Not Ally!"

"Ah sorry, sorry!" Said Neptune while smiling.

Despite apologizing, Planeptune's CPU didn't really seem to feel sorry about it in the least, or at least that's what it seemed like to the young boy.

"Just what do you want?" He asked after regaining his composture.

"Like I said! Let's play a game!"

"A game?"

"Yeah!" She replied before putting both hands on her hips and frowning. "Ever since arriving, you're always here staring like an idiot! How can it be fun to read about that!?"

"Do you really need to say it like that?" Asked the young boy while sweat dropping.

"This chapter's all about you bonding with me! If we don't spend time together, we won't trigger the needed event to advance the story!" She said while pointing at him and smiling again. "That's why we need to start by playing games together!"

'How the hell does that even make any sense?' He thought to himself before lowering his head and sighing.

When he first met Neptune, the young boy had no idea what was going on within the CPUs head whenever she spoke 4th wall breaking stuff like that, but he later learned from IF that it was a bad habit Neptune had.

It was probably developed from the combination of her childish personality and all the anime she watched.

He still couldn't understand too well what she meant sometimes though, but Alex decided to simply accept that it was indeed how Neptune was.

"Fine, let's play..." He said.

"Sweet! Now you're getting it!" Said the perky CPU while turning around and heading back inside.