Chapter 33: Planeptune - A Situation

"Alex's reaction to pudding?" Asked Noire, who was rather taken aback with the unexpected question.

"That's right." Answered Nepgear while nodding. "When he was offered one a few days ago, he had an extremely negative reaction towards it, almost like he becomes very depressed. I wanted to ask you if you knew anything about it."

"Well, I didn't spend too much time with him during his first two weeks here nor did he eat any pudding during his stay, so I didn't really have a chance to check on this." Said Vert while remembering the time Alex spent on Leanbox

"Same here. We don't eat pudding around here, and I was too busy to check on him daily." Said Blanc.

"I guess that makes three of us." Added Noire while sighing.

"Eh? If you weren't with him, then what were you doing?" Asked Nepgear.

"I was playing games." Answered Vert with a smile.

"My novel's deadline was too close to take a break."

"Vert, Blanc…"

Nepgear sweat dropped while looking at the two of them through the video chat on her PC.

"Seriously, you two. Did you even try?" Said Noire while looking at the other two CPUs and sweat dropping.

"At least we didn't scare him away like you did." Responded Blanc with her eyes closed.

"T-That wasn't my fault! I just miscalculated!"

"That usually means it's your fault..."

"At least I tried doing something!"

"Now, now. Blanc, what really matters is the intention. Doing nothing is rather unproductive too."

"You didn't do shit either!" Snarled Lowee's CPU, feeling angered by Vert's comment.

"Erm…excuse me…" Said Nepgear while sweat dropping with a weak smile.

It seemed the CPUs were getting so absorbed in their own conversation that they forgot about Nepgear's question.

"Oh my, sorry for that Nepgear." Said Leanbox's CPU while looking at Nepgear again. "Regarding the issue with Alex, I don't think you should concern yourself about it for now."

"Eh? Why not?"

"Why do you want to know about his past, anyway?" Asked Noire, feeling curious about the motives behind Nepgear's curiosity

"Well..."

The CPU Candidate was unsure what to answer. The only thing she could come up with at that moment was the she simply felt curiosity, but that would sound like a selfish and childish reason.

"Mystery and power breed curiosity, but it doesn't mean satisfying it is right either..."

"Eh?"

It seemed as Lowee's CPU was able to tell what Nepgear was thinking, since she spoke out of the blue with a calm tone, but she wasn't too sure if she understood what Blanc tried to say.

"Nepgear, what Blanc is trying to say is that feeling curious about something or someone isn't a bad thing, but inquiring into someone else's past without their consent is not good either."

"But...Don't you want to know?"

"Of course we do, but everyone has the right to keep their own secrets." Replied Noire with one hand on her hip and both eyes closed.