Chapter 42: Final Act - The Fall Out

Planeptune's CPU laid unconscious on her bed, with countless bandages as the only thing covering her torso while Histoire spoke with one of the Basilicom's medical specialists outside the room.

"How is her condition?" Asked the worried Oracle.

"I can't say for sure. For now we managed to put her life out of danger, but she lost large quantities of blood. If she had arrived to us a minute later, we might have been unable to save her."

Because of their constant fights against monsters or even against each other, it wasn't rare for the CPUs to suffer injuries during their fights.

Normally the Oracles would tend to them if the wounds weren't too serious, but every nation's Basilicom had a team of specialized doctors just in case an emergency such as this one were to take place.

The CPUs themselves never felt like it was necessary, as they had never faced an opponent besides Magic that was capable of pushing them to such a pitiful state.

Right now, Histoire couldn't find words to express how glad she felt for taking this safety measure.

"She might not wake up for a few days, but there shouldn't be any issues regarding her health."

"I see...You may leave now."

The doctor lowered his head to the tome before raising it up again, turning around and leaving. Histoire closed her eyes and sighed with relief knowing now that at the very least, Neptune's life wasn't in peril anymore.

She then raised her head and looked at Neptune lying on her bed through the open gap on the door.

Just seeing her in this state was painful for the oracle. Even if she complained a lot about the Planeptune CPU's laziness, there's no way Histoire would ever wish for her to suffer something such as this.

Wishing to give Neptune some peace and quiet, the tome flew down the hallway to where Nepgear and the other CPU Candidates were waiting.

"Histoire! How's Neptune!? Is she going to be okay!?" Asked Planeptune's CPU Candidate with an anxious tone and expression after getting up from the couch the moment she saw Histoire.

"It's okay, Nepgear. It might take some time, but Neptune will recover." Said the Oracle with a smile, glad that she could at the very least offer some comfort to someone today.

"Thank goodness..."

Nepgear lowered her head and made a relieved expression while getting teary eyed.

The moment she saw a blood soaked Alex entering the Basilicom with an unconscious Neptune in his arms, she could feel her heart nearly stopping for a moment.

While Rom and Ram comforted Nepgear, Histoire turned around and contacted the other Oracles who stayed in their respective nations to keep things under control.

"How's the situation over there?" Asked Chika with a stern expression.

"Neptune will recover. The doctors got to her just in time."

"That's good to know." Said Mina with a smile.

"What about Alex?" Asked Kei this time.

The tome simply shook her head with her eyes closed before opening them and looking at her fellow oracles with a saddened expression.

"I'm afraid I don't know. I already sent Compa and IF to search for him, but I've yet to hear any news from them."

"Seriously!? Ugh! Right when we need him the most, he disappears!"