Chapter 11: Leanbox - The Finale

'Ugh........................my head. Where, am I?' Thought Alex as all he saw was nothing but a black void.

After what felt like minutes, a figure appeared and approached.

It was a woman, the same woman from the dream he had weeks ago.

The girl kneeled down and patted his head with a warm smile on her face.

Just like last time, a dark shadowy figure approached the girl from behind as it slowly got closer and closer.

Also like last time, Alex desperately tried to shout out and get the girl's attention, but absolutely no sound would leave his mouth.

He was frustratingly mute again.

No matter how hard he tried, how hard he attempted to shout, no noise was being made.

The figure stood behind the woman just like last time, however this time the vision would last just a few seconds longer as the figure seemingly slashed across the girl's back.

Blood splattered all over Alex's vision and trickled from the edges of the girl's mouth.

Despite this, her smile never went away as her hand began to slowly lower.

As it did, his field of vision went white again.

"MOM NO!" Shouted Alex as he sprang up before immediately feeling a sharp pain in his head as be groaned and immediately placed a hand up to it, feeling bandages wrapped around it.

Alex's vision was a bit blurry due to suddenly waking up however once it cleared up, he saw that he was in the room he was staying in at the Basilicom.

'This is, my room. The last thing I remember was talking to Vert after defeating Judge. She must've brought me here. How, long have I been out there.' Thought Alex as he looked outside the window and saw that it was a bright and clear sunny day.

The boy then heard door to his room open as he saw Vert walk in.

"Alex?" She said as she stepped inside.

Once she saw that he had awaken, she breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank goodness you're awake. The Basilicom's medical team said you took a nasty blow to the head. I feared you had suffered a severe concussion, but thankfully they said that it was just a Grade 2 and that all you needed was rest." Said Vert.

"I see." Said Alex putting a hand back up to his head.

"How long have I been knocked out?"

"Well, you were out the remainder of the second week and have been out for the first half of the final week." Said Vert.

'So, I've been out for seven days.' Thought Alex to himself as he laid back down on the bed.

"How's the situation in Leanbox been after Judge's defeat?" Asked Alex.

Vert walked over and sat on the edge of the bed as she began to speak.

"Well, Chika's currently handling the amount of damages that Judge caused to the capital. Cave and the rest of the SMD as well as local guilds are helping out with the repairs and assisting any people that were left without a home in the mayhem. 5pb has also done a great job at keeping my people's morale high after the destruction. Needless to say, Leanbox is gonna be just fine." Explained Vert as Alex closed his eyes and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank god. Seems it all worked out in the end." He said as Vert nodded.

"Yep. All thanks to you Alex. If you hadn't assisted me in taking down Judge, who knows what would've happened if I had been on my own." Said the goddess.