Chapter 37: Planeptune - The Finale

After rescuing Histoire from the LAN Castle, the Oracle and the CPUs headed to Lastation's Basilicom, where the oracles from the three nations were already waiting for their arrival as Histoire wasted no time in gathering with them to prepare a plan of action.

"Histy, are you sure you're okay?" Said a concerned Neptune.

"Big Sister is right, maybe you should rest for a bit." Added Nepgear, who felt concerned about her oracle as well.

Even if no harm had come to her, Histoire had still been through a rather dire hostage situation. No one would blame her if she asked for a moment or two to regain her composure.

"It's okay Neptune, Nepgear..." Answered the tome with a conforting smile. "I'll rest as soon as we retrieve Planeptune."

The Oracle was more than fine, though. The only thing she could think about right now was the recovery of Planeptune and the liberation of its citizens from Magic's grasp.

Until this was achieved, she wouldn't be able to rest easy.

"Well then. If you feel you're in a fit state to proceed, let us begin our preparations for the plan." Said Kei while looking at Histoire.

The tome simply turned to look at the other oracles and nodded in agreement, which was shortly followed by Mina explaining the situation.

"As you are aware, the enemy behind this is CFW Magic. While we are unable to figure out what is she planning to achieve by taking over Planeptune, it's still a fact we can't allow this to continue any further."

Chika then looked at the CPUs and explained their mission to them.

"While we take care of coordinating the armies waging the battle against the ASIC's forces, the CPUs will have the job of tracking down Magic and defeating her."

"The defeat of their leader should not only cause their morale to crumble, but it should also put an end to ASIC with all certainty." Added Kei to emphasize the importance of their task.

"In other words, we just need to beat up the big boss and we win, right?" Asked Neptune as she simplified the explanation into less than twenty words.

"That's a rather simple way to put it, but yes. That's pretty much it." Answered Histoire.

"Okay then! Piece of pudding!"

"So we have to fight CFW Magic?" Said Nepgear with certain insecurity in her tone.

The CPU Candidate's fears weren't baseless, as there was a time during the early appearances of the ASIC when the four CPUs fought Magic, only to be defeated and nearly captured had they not ran away.

Neptune noticed her younger sister's worries right away and didn't hesitate to say something to motivate her.

"Come on, Nepgear! we got this on the bag!" She said with confidence "This time we've got you and your gang, and even Ally is here too!"

"It's Alex." Corrected the young boy before looking at the CPU Candidate. "But yes, I'm going to help too."

It seemed Neptune's attempt worked, since Nepgear's smile returned almost immediately as she nodded in agreement with her.

"You're right, I'll try my best!"

With their minds set, their target marked and their wills stronger than ever, the CPUs got ready to go into Planeptune and defeat Magic, putting an end to her and the ASIC once and for all.

It took some hours as the preparations took the effort of gathering the armies from all four nations and planning a strategy for all of them to work together in a battle against an army of an almost equal size.