Chapter 2: The Planeptune Struggle Finale

The days and weeks would pass by, as Alex lived his normal day, doing his mercenary work for numerous people in Lastation, though it wasn't that much to begin with since not a lot of people really wanted or desired Alex's help to begin with.

It had nothing to do with Alex's performance, since he had already proven himself as a really good mercenary that's rather affordable for jobs, but it was more so because of a past incident.

Regardless, Alex did the best he could.

As the weeks passed, Alex realized that IF hadn't exactly told him what day this tournament would be on since all she said was that it'd be in three weeks.

Thankfully Alex didn't really worry about it all that much since he just figured that IF would call him during the week of the event.

Eventually, three weeks would pass as while Alex was going for a walk in downtown Lastation, he received a sudden phone call which he answered.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hey. Been a while, hasn't it?" Said the voice of IF.

"IF? Yeah. Certainly has been a while. What's up?" Asked the boy.

"Just wanted to remind you that the tournament is tommorow. I suggest that you come over and book a hotel room for tonight." Said the girl.

"I see. Alright then got it. I'll be there as soon as I can. Thank you." He said.

Alex hanged up the phone before returning to his apartment as he began to count how much credits he had earned the past three weeks.

"Thank god. Just enough to cover today." He said.

With that, Alex took the credits that he needed for the hotel room.

After leaving the apartment and locking the door, he went and boarded his motorcycle as he drove his way on over to Planeptune.

An hour later, the boy had arrived at the nation and looked for the nearest hotel to stay at.

After a bit more driving, he stopped at a hotel that was near the Coliseum as he parked and walked inside, booking his room.

Once he was given his room key, he walked on over, entered the room.

Alex looked out the window which gave him a clear view of the Coliseum that stood before the hotel.

'Wonder how things are going to go. Should be fun, I hope.' He thought to himself.

The boy decided to just spend the rest of the day in the hotel room as he waited for tommorow.

[The Next Day]

It was noon as after having breakfast a few hours ago, Alex now stood in front of the Coliseum entrance along with multiple others.

'Huh. Sure is a lot of people.' He thought.

After walking into the Coliseum and confirming his participation in the tournament at the reception desk, he waited in the waiting room before being given a paper that went down the rules of the tournament.

It went under the name of, "The Planeptune Struggle", and it was a 128 person tournament, meaning at most Alex would compete in 6 matches to win it all.

As for the match rules themselves, there were only two ways to win.

Either knock out your opponent or push them out of bounds.

Aside from that, anything goes meaning disqualifications would be rare unless someone was going a little too far.

Eventually, Alex looked at one of the many holographic screens and would see his spot on the bracket.