Chapter 27: Lastation - Night of Fate

'Unbelievable. That damn attitude. Just because of one outfit. Seriously, the hell's her deal anyways? She's got a massive stick up her ass.'

That was what went through Alex's mind as he walked out of the hallway and into the living room where he saw Uni step out of the elevator.

The Candidate saw and was about to greet him until she saw the sour expression on his face.

"You okay Alex?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just, got into a squabble with your sister." He said.

"O-Oh. I see........." Said Uni.

In the week that had passed, Uni had hoped that her sister and Alex would've at least been on friendly terms, though she did have a small hint of doubt in the back of her mind.

Currently with what had just happened, Alex didn't really wanna sleep in the same building as Noire with a sour mood so he decided to go outside for a walk.

"I'll be back. I'm heading out for a bit." He said.

"Are you sure? The sun's setting. It's getting pretty late." Said Uni, however Alex eased the girl's concerns.

"Don't worry. It won't be for long." He said.

The Candidate sighed but decided to just go along with it.

"Alright then. Stay safe." She said.

Alex nodded and proceeded to enter the elevator and eventually reached the first floor, leaving the Basilicom.

He left the city and decided to head towards the park and go on a walk to clear his mind.

This wasn't the first time Alex had done this as the boy would usually go on walks at the park since he found it rather relaxing and peaceful just minding his own business along the trail.

Not only that, but Alex would always pay a stop at the lone Sakura Tree atop the hill, not just because it was the ONLY Sakura Tree in all of Lastation, but because the tree just gave Alex a weird sense of nostalgia and comfort.

It, felt like whenever he came here, he felt safe and protected.

If anything, the tree gave Alex a sense of familiarity which confused him since he only just started coming here a month before his Gamindustri Tour.

Regardless, the boy had arrived at the park and began his walk along the trail to calm his mind.

As he walked down the path, he slowly began to regain his composure and after a couple of minutes, he already felt rather relaxed.

Before he left however, he decided to make a stop at the Sakura Tree since he was already here.

He headed towards the hill and by the time he reached the top and the base of the tree, the sun had already set, as now the nightsky and the moon illuminated the tree along with the park's lights, giving the tree a faint glow making it look more majestic than it already did.

Alex simply just stood there, basking in awe as he looked up at the cherry blossoms dancing faintly in the wind.

"Why, does this place feel so familiar?" He asked to himself.

As he pondered this over, Alex felt a sudden gust of wind breeze past him.

"Hm?"

This immediately caught the boy's attention as he noticed the sudden appearance of Sakura Petals swirling around him before falling onto the ground.

"What the?" Asked the boy.

Before he could question it any further, a voice from behind caught his attention.