Chapter 34: Planeptune - The Graveyard

"So this is the Gamindustri Graveyard…" Said Alex while looking around.

"I really hate this place. it gives me the creeps." Admitted IF while looking around as well.

Although Histoire knew Alex was no pushover, she decided to sent IF along with him just in case anything unexpected happened and to ease her worries.

"I can't blame you..."

The young boy couldn't have expressed it any better. It would take a person with a really twisted taste to be okay such a place, much crazy to actually like it.

Alex kept looking around the place while IF looked at him for a moment before speaking.

"Sorry you had to do this." Said IF before a vein mark popped on her forehead. "That idiot should be the one here right now, not us."

Anger began boiling up within her, until the sudden sensation of the ground shaking made her snap out of her train of thought.

"Whoa! Why is the ground shaking all of a sudden!?"

"Whatever it is, I think it's coming from over there!" Said Alex while pointing at some mounts of trash in the distance.

IF looked at the direction she was pointing at and saw a figure in the distance.

"What's that?"

"CHUUUUUUU!"

After it got a bit closer, Alex managed to discern its appearance better.

"That…kind of looks like the rat from the ASIC..."

"Now that you say it, it kind of looks similar" Said IF before noticing something odd. "Wait…is it just me, or is it getting bigger as it gets closer?"

"I think it's the second one…" Said Alex as he noticed the same thing before noticing the towering creature was charging towards them. "Look out!"

Both Alex and IF were forced to move sideways to avoid getting crushed by the gigantic mouse's feet as it kept moving and eventually left, destroying anything it its way before Alex and IF got back on their feet and looked at the direction the mouse headed to.

"Well, that's something you don't see every day." Said Alex.

"How the hell did that rat grow so big!?" Asked IF with widened eyes.

"Beats me, but we can't let it roam around like that."

"You're right, if that thing goes into a nation, things could get ugly."

"We better get going then." He said while turning around.

"Not if I can stop it."

After suddenly hearing a female voice, a blood-chilling shiver ran down Alex's spine, causing every fiber in his body to react and make him quickly unsheathe his sword and turn around, just in time to block the tip of a scythe that was aimed at his head.

It took some struggle before he managed to push it back and jump away in time to avoid a second attack from Magic just by inches.

"It seems your strength is no illusion after all..."

'Just a second later and that would have killed me!' Thought Alex while breaking a cold sweat

As soon as she noticed this, IF took both of her weapons and moved towards the young boy to aid him, but was quickly stopped.

"Alex!"

"Get out of here!"

"What!?"

Despite her intent to aid him in battle, he quickly told her to stay away without even getting his eyes away from Magic.