Chapter 21: Lastation - Back Home

'Finally. Back home.' Thought Alex.

As agreed on, when Blanc had returned Alex to Planeptune, Histoire had informed the boy that he would now be allowed to take a break and return to his home nation of Lastation before heading back to Planeptune for the final trip.

What shocked Alex was that instead of heading back on own like he expected, Noire was there as she informed him that she'd take him to Lastation.

While caught off guard by it, Alex didn't really go against it since he was being offered a ride.

Eventually, the two had arrived in Lastation as currently Alex followed Noire through the streets of the main city.

Out of all the nations in Gamindustri, Lastation was by far the closest one to a balanced mixture between technology and fantasy.

While it had modern buildings like Leanbox and Planeptune, it also had some fantasy-like elements like Lowee except that Lastation was more leaned towards heavy industry like mining and favored the steampunk style in its design rather than the application of magic and child-like design of Lowee.

It was rather dark and smoky compared to the others, but overall the town itself seemed quite clean and the climate didn't look to be affected by it too heavily since the pollution only extended to a few areas, with the most focused one being junkyards and industrial sectors.

Without a doubt, the most notable feature about Lastation were the many large towers, all connected through complex pipe systems and the massive satellite discs with red markings placed all around town.

Even with all that, this was all home to Alex as the scenery was all common to him.

After a bit of walking, Alex had noticed Noire had stopped at the Basilicom which Alex had actually never seen up close before and only from a distance.

It wasn't much different from the other ones, except that this place was more of a mixture between a mansion and an office building. And just like everything else in the nation, it had quite a steampunk theme.

Alex initially was gonna question why Noire brought him here but he figured that she was just gonna introduce him to her sister and Oracle and then he'd be allowed to go to his apartment room after that.

After walking through the hallways for a bit, the two finally stopped in front of a door, which the CPU calmly opened.

"I'm back, Uni." Said Noire as she went into the room with Alex. following behind her.

"Big Sister, welcome back!"

As soon as they entered, a young girl approached Lastation's CPU to greet her with a bright smile while carrying a bunch of documents.

She was a light skinned girl with long black hair worn in pigtails held with light blue and black ribbons and red eyes like Noire except her's were slightly darker