Chapter 13: Lowee - Rom's Uncertainty

Life in Lowee over the past two weeks was a strange mixture of serenity and chaos.

The silence and calmness around the castle and most of the town in general made it a relaxing place as Alex genuinely enjoyed going out and helping out any people in need whether it be deliveries or simple monster exterminations as every time he went out, he'd admire the scenery along the way which was quite hard to get tired of.

The one bad thing about living in Lowee that added chaos into the mix were the twins, or Ram to be more specific.

Ever since his arrival, Alex had become the main target of Ram's pranks.

Most of the time it would be just an innocent joke like putting a line of tape in a door causing him to hit his face with it and fall to the floor or slip on a banana peel and fall painfully.

Other times it would be something a bit brutal, like putting a bucket filled with ice cold water over a slightly opened door causing it to fall on him when he opened it or just bluntly throw a book at his head whenever he came back from outside.

Rom on the other hand didn't really bother Alex, nor did she approach him or talk to him.

In fact, it was quite possible that she probably even feared him by the way she constantly tried to avoid him.

The young boy didn't really do anything in particular to cause that reaction on her but Alex suspected that Ram may have told her whatever she came up with to make her scared of him.

"Man, this week's been awful." Said Alex to himself as he sneezed while walking along a street with his head lowered along with his hands on his pockets and his eyes closed.

As a result of all the pranks Ram would play on him, Alex began to fell a little bit of a cold so he had decided to take today off.

Mina would usually scold Ram for her pranks, but that hardly had any effect on the CPU Candidate and Blanc didn't really seem interested in what was happening around her either.

She simply sat down in her room every day to read from dawn to night and whenever she wasn't reading, she was writing something on her PC.

He wasn't sure what it was, but the CPU would spend almost all of her time on it.

Either way, Alex had to figure out how to solve this situation less he risk a more severe cold or a concussion from how many blows to the head he had taken from Ram's book throws.

'I really need to do something here, but what?' He thought.

From his current point of view, Alex had three choices.

He could try withstanding the pranks for one more week and leave, but he doubted that was possible considering the fact that he mentally just couldn't put up with it any more.

He could just try to up and leave right now but that would be against the agreement he had with the CPUs.

His only choice right now was to make Ram stop somehow.

Not get along with him necessarily but just stop. Now the question was how?

While thinking how to solve this puzzle, Alex suddenly bumped into someone.

"Ow!" Said a small, young voice.

"Ah, S-Sorry! I didn't see where I-." Said Alex while turning his head and opening his eyes, but stopped as soon as he saw who he bumped into.

It was Rom who was sitting on the floor with two plastic bags on both sides and a few cans pouring out of them.

"Hm? You're, one of the twins." He said.