Getting My Specialty And A......Date?

We all ended up getting up at about 9:30am. I've switched to taking Sunday's off so that's why I slept in. Sunday's off is just better now that I'm working during the day. It's like a good reset before waking up early the next morning. A chance to catch up on that sleep debt.

I have a few important things to do today. Right now it's a follow up launch meeting, then I need to pay Mr. JYP a visit. After that Felix said he wanted to take me somewhere.

I'm already curled up in the corner of the couch covered by an abnormally fluffy blanket. At first glance I probably wouldn't be noticed.

And I wasn't.

Because there is an ass.

On.

Me.

"That's rude" I said, hardcore judging the person sitting on me.

"AH" the person screamed.

Oh it's Hyunjin.

"HA" I responded just as the others file in and took a seat on the couch.

"It's not funny! You scared the shit out of me" he said, all dramatic.

"Well that's what you get! You should look before you sit y'know" I defended myself, moving over so he has space to sit.

"I did! I swear I didn't see you!" He said, sitting down next to me.

"What happened?" Jeongin asked from the right of me.

"He sat on me" I told him.

The others must've heard too because they all side eyed Hyunjin before laughing.

"I didn't see her! It was an honest mistake!" Hyunjin tried to justify his action.

The elevator opened and Felix walked out with my computer in his hands. Everyone quieted down upon noticing his presence and we waited for him to start.

Felix motioned for me to come to him, so I got up and went to sit by his side at the end of the short side of the couch closest to the front door. The others moved over so I'd have room and the side conversations ceased entirely. Felix placed my laptop in my lap and I took the hint that I need to unlock it. As I do that Felix begins the meeting.

"So, the US should have received everything by now. This is just a follow up to see if they responded. If they didn't this won't be long, but if they did we might have to relocate to the conference room" he said, glancing to my screen to see I have everything pulled up.

"They have responded" I told him.

"Would you mind reading it aloud?" He asked.

I nodded and pulled my laptop a little closer.

"We received your message and thank you for the heads up and flowers. However, we can handle our own and do not require your help. Furthermore, no congressman from the list you provided will be laid off. We do not have probable cause. I wish you good health. Signed, the Pentagon" I read, clear disappointment and slight panic in my voice.

"Damnit" Chan said.

"Of all the times to put their pride aside, this is the time they should have. They didn't even know about this until I said something and they think they can handle it without my help? I'm the one with their intel right in front of me. I have the ability to help them succeed without extreme damage. Yet they refuse the help because 'they can hold their own'?" I said, very frustrated that this did not go the way I hoped it would.

Felix put a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"You did the right thing and you did a good job at it. You can't control their reactions, but you can control your actions. Send your other messages anyway. Make sure they're aware of every little thing they need to in order to keep as many civilians and innocent people safe as possible. You haven't failed" he said, pulling me into him for a quick side hug before letting me do my thing.