Reward Time!!.....Or Is It?

"Felix, Felix, Felix, get uuuppp" I said while jumping on the bed. Don't ask how I became so comfortable so quickly because I have no clue.

"5 more minutesss" he whined and threw a pillow at me.

"Rude. Im going to get ready and when I'm done you'd better be awake. There's some things I need to do that are time sensitive" I said and left to his bathroom.

___________

I came back out to find Felix dressed and sitting up on his bed, but also half asleep. Did he not sleep well last night?

I walk over to him and lightly tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention.

"Lix, if you're not up to it you don't have to go. I can choose someone else, it's okay" I said softly.

"Lix? I'll go with you it's okay, I'm good" he said, fully opening his eyes and standing up with a bright smile.

"Sorry, do you not like the nickname? It's a force of habit for me to give people nicknames" I said, scratching my neck and shifting my weight from side to side"

"No no, I like it" he said, smiling.

"Really?? COOL, okay let's go" I said and dragged him out to the living room.

"Be good kids! Call or send the signal if anything happens you hear?" Chan said from the kitchen.

"We're not kids!" We said in unison.

We looked at each other slightly flabbergasted but turned our attention back to the second statement of Chan's.

"We'll be careful, if we need help I'll let you know!" Felix answered while walking to the door to start the codes.

I know he said I don't have to cover my eyes or anything, but I don't know it just feels wrong. Like I'm overstepping?

He leads me through all of the doors and we walk out into the garage. I thought he'd be taking the van, because I thought that was their only vehicle, but he walks past it and I see two other cars. How did I miss that?

He takes out some keys and presses a button. The keys unlock a white Chevy Malibu. I nod my head to myself, approving of the car choice.

As I walk around to the passenger seat I catch a glimpse of the license plate:

Y33T420

Oh come on. Really? Yeet?

I laugh a little at it before getting in the car and buckling up.

"Okay, where are we going first?" Felix asks me, waiting to put it in his GPS

"My work, The Kraken. I have something I need to discuss with my boss" I responded.

He nods and then we're on our way.

__________

"Hey Winter! Is Irene here?" I asked her.

"Yeah! She should be in the back doing a locker check. We've been having issues with the day staff" she informed me.

"Thank you!" I said before turning to Felix.

"I'll try to be fast I swear" I said.

"Take your time, I'm not going anywhere" he responds.

I then nod and turn to walk towards the back. Just like Winter said, Irene was doing locker checks.

"Hey Irene! How's it going?" I asked her.

"Oh y/n. What are you doing here? Im okay, there's just a couple issues among the day staff that need to be managed" she said.