Domirella: The Surreal Succubi - Chapter Twenty-Nine

'I should have put more thought into this. How am I going to find Cathy?' I don't even know the layout of this place. From what I've seen so far. It's a church or cathedral. A large one at that. Many of the denizens appear human, but some are non-human. Other than myself and the Sage. Everyone I've encountered is female. 'This must be a nunnery or convent.' The garments suggest as much. This place also doubles as a hospital. At least this world had adequate medicine even if it's barely past the renaissance era. I spot my target. Cathy sat on a bench in an inner courtyard. The moment she saw me, she got up. I hastily ran over to her.

"Wait just a minute! Where are you going?" I asked.

"Just leave me alone already. Don't you have something else to do?" she blurted.

"I'm not leaving you alone in this world!" I countered.

"You're only saying that because I hid in the break room. If the shoe was on the other foot. You wouldn't even care! All you care about is Minah. You've never noticed me, not once!" she cried.

"What are you talking about??" I stuttered.

"I've known you since I was a teenager. If it wasn't for my father disappearing, I would have followed you anywhere in the world! Even here, of all places," she revealed. "Ever since you came back to Pine Point, I have been in love with you. No matter what I did, all you saw was Minah. What was worse is that she's my best friend. I couldn't tell her or anyone...," she admitted.

"Cathy... I did notice you. But... after the war. I couldn't communicate with anyone. Especially you... when your mother was taken. They sent my team to rescue the civilians taken from Pine Point. We failed... how could I even think... it was too much," I revealed.

"That wasn't your fault. If she hadn't sacrificed herself for me... I never blamed you for that and neither did Dad," she said.

"I couldn't get close to anyone... knowing people like your mother could still be alive. It's why I worked so hard researching a way to get back to the other-side. When we won the war, all the Breaches began collapsing. The Military waited until the last moment. Still, so many didn't make it home," I said.

"You don't have to carry all that pain alone. I would do anything to ease your pain," she said, hugging me.

I held her tightly. The war broke me. It broke both of us. Cathy was just as important as Minah. I looked into her eyes. She'd been crying for longer than I knew. I won't make her cry anymore. I kissed her the way I always wanted to. She's grown into someone stronger than I ever could be. Her lips were soft and sensual. I held her for a long time. The warmth... I felt for Cathy. is the same as what I feel for Lucianne. If I only paid more attention all these years.

"I'll get all of us home. That's a promise," I whispered.

We held each other's hands for a moment. Nifu and Lucianne wave for us to come. They seem serious. "We'd better see what's going on," I whispered.

Nifu signals for me to follow her. The four of us walk until we reach the front of the church. Outside, a group of soldiers waited. One of them approaches.

"I'm here to escort you to the Countess. She has requested your presence. Please come with me." the warrior said.

Searl and Lythienne were already in one of the two carriages. Nifu urges me to follow. With reservations, I enter one of the carriages. The carriages race down the city roads to the Castle that overlooks the city. 

____