Domirella: The Surreal Succubi - Chapter Five

"Welcome to Tranquility's Harbor, the biggest port city in Venus's Cove and, if I may say so, the best in Youriel. From here, the capital isn't far. It is just a couple of days' ride north. The Enchantress Sea opens into the Sidonia Ocean, providing trade for the entire supercontinent of Annetheria. Over to the East of our island continent, Venus's Cove is the smaller continent of Annetania. That's where the Duchy of Venus Cove, our sister state," Tonia explained with a smile as bright as the sun and rays of sparkling excitement coming from her eyes.

Taking care not to miss a single beat, she did a flirty dance by twirling around while opening her arms wide. A stone pavement road led to Tranquility's Harbor. Rolling hills and fields went in all directions, leading to the city and ending at the Sidonia Ocean. It almost resembles a modern city from my world. It is a tiered city with several layers leading to a massive palace on a mountain. White birds flew high in the sky all around the city, and some buildings had to be no taller than five to seven floors on the higher tiers. It is a beautiful city to behold. The closer we got, the more I could smell the food from the markets and the salty air from the ocean. The chilly breeze felt refreshing against my skin. Before I knew it, we were at the front gates and waiting in a long line of other visitors. That was one of many such gate entrances to Tranquility's Harbor. Toria took one of my arms in hers, pulling me closer to her.

"We can stay at one of the local inns. Of course, some hotels are quite the high-end type, travelers like ourselves will aspect from a prestigious harbor town, but there is one I have in mind," Toria said as she snuggled against me like a high school teenager, holding my arm.

She smiled at me with her signature devious smile, but there was a sense of sincerity.

Tonia soon inches her way to my opposite side, copying Toria as we waited. Sissel and Cathy were in front of us.

"Do you have money?" I questioned.

"What is money?" Toria and Tonia said together.

Cathy looks over her shoulders at the three of us. Her eyes went to mine, and somehow I knew I had stepped in it.

"Um, it's what a person will use to buy things. Like trading something of value for an equally valued item," Cathy explained as she gave me squinty eyes.

"Oh, you mean royal serpents. We don't have any on us," Tonia said, rushing to

Cathy and quickly taking her arm in hers.

In response to Tonia's arm around her waist and her request to snuggle up against her, Cathy leapt a little. The city guards grant us passage into the city after Sissel met with the guards. Sissel made a sighing gesture when she brought her attention back to us.

"Ah... Ahem... Then... T-Then how are we getting an inn for tonight?" Cathy asked, keeping her arms behind her back.

Sighing, I kick a pebble at Tonia. The result was her looking over her shoulder and sticking out her tongue at me. Afterward, she shook her bottom vigorously. 'Really?'

"Okay... Well then... it looks like we have to do some of that trading," I said.

"Wait here," I added.

I quickly took Toria's hand as I swiftly pushed her to Cathy.

"Sorry about this, Cathy... You understand, right?"

She gave me 'Where are you going eyes,' but I did not stick around for anything else to sidetrack my task. We had no form of currency, and if we wanted a place to sleep and food, then I better get to it.

It took me only a short time to find a suitable merchant market. A city of this size would have many. 'First criteria met!' Simply approaching any merchant won't work for me. It had to be a vendor who would buy what I had. All the prerequisites were in place for me to find a merchant vendor who would pay a premium for what I had. I spent the next hour searching through the many vendors and storefronts, but my assumption was correct. I saw a few merchant stands that fit the criteria. It doesn't matter where you were born, and economics work the same regardless of the world in which you live. My observations brought me to one particular vendor.