58. Everything Everwhere All At Once

Rosie

8 months ago Luca and I had the best night of our lives as we spent the whole week honeymooning in our favourite place in the world....

And now I'm fat and eating a bunch of shit, sitting on my ass, barley looking over the bump in my tummy... our baby was ready to pop almost any day now.

"There she is...my beautiful wife" Luca smiled as he helped me up off the couch.

I stood up feeling sad and happy and angry and everything all at once. He held my hands as put my head on his chest holding me in awe.

"I know baby, I know...your hungry and full and sad and happy and tired and awake aren't you" he mocked my emotions as he rubbed my back.

"Yes" I admitted quietly.

"Well I have something that might cheer you up" he said as a smile crept up on his beautiful oblivious face.

"Luca if it's not getting our lovely baby out of me I don't wanna hear about it" I admitted.

Luca knelt down as he placed his big hands over my tummy.
"Stop giving mum a hard time dude" he said almost 100% certain it was a boy.

"It's not a boy" I yelled at him 100% certain it was a girl.

"Mums kinda angry right now so I need to go and make her happy okay...I'll be back later" he whispered into my tummy making me laugh out and snort uncontrollably...he just looked at me like I was crazy as my snorting made him burst laughing as well.

Snorting when laughing was something new that I just so happened to pick up with being pregnant.

Luca would talk to bubba very single night before bed...he's been reading bed time stories sometimes too...he really was the perfect father and bubba wasn't even here yet.

"Okay but I actually do have a surprise for you" he said sternly making me realise I had no choice but to follow him.

"Fine...where are we going?" I asked as I placed my hands on my hips pushing out my baby bump.
I was absolutely huge, nothing fit me anymore, all my short hung low under my bump, my boobs had grown massively...Luca loved it.

"Let's go big girl" he let out as he walked past me towards the front door.

I'm excuse me....what the hell did he just call me?

I stopped in my tracks as I looked at him with my sad puppy eyes, trying to look angry although it obviously was not on the menu today since tears started to swell up my eyes.

"Love?" He looked around confused as he realised I wasn't by his side...he turned around to see me nearly bawling from his mean comment.

"Ohh no no no baby don't do this, I didn't mean big, baby... I was talking about the baby I promise" he consoled me as he wiped away my angry tears.

"You think I'm fat" I cried out feeling emotionally drained.

"No baby no way okay, your not fat, your perfect, I didn't mean it like that okay, you are not fat, no way in hell" he reassured me as he wiped away my silly tears...

"Now please, come with me so I can show you the big surprise" he spoke like he was talking to a toddler, but I didn't blame him... he's had to talk to me like that for months, calm and collected otherwise I just...cry.

At first he was scared he did something wrong but after calling his mum she just reassured him this was completely normal and she went through it with him. His dad had to literally talk like a therapist to her, soft and nicely otherwise she would freak out...sounds like me.