47. God....Take Me Away

Rosie

I couldn't contain my excitement, Luca was coming back today.
I literally cleaned the entire house, I cleaned up his whole room and put a teddy bear and chocolate in the centre for him to come home too. I wasn't allowed out so I asked one of team 2 security too go out and buy a love bear and chocolate for him.

The whole day I just haven't been able to wipe the smile from my face, I was just beyond happy to see him, I missed him more than anything or anyone ever in my life.

I brushed my hair out and straightened it so it fell down my whole back, I put on a nice sun dress and a bit of makeup and perfume.
I know it's weird but I just wanted to please him, I know he'll be tired and exhausted from everything he's gone through, so I thought If I can just try to help him relax a bit then maybe it'll make a little difference ya know.

Although I knew he wouldn't get here for another 2 hours I stood at the door waiting patiently for it to fling open and be wrapped up in his cuddles once again.

I stood there on my tippy toes as I bit my hand with nerves, my smile never leaving my face.
Oh god I can't stand here I have to much energy.

Maybe I should make a cake? Yes I'll make a cake.

I made my way into the kitchen and prepared some ingredients to make a vanilla and blueberry cake.
I sifted the flour and added the eggs and sugar and all the other little things I needed.
I whisked it all up and placed it in the oven after about 30 minutes of just messing around trying to find all the right things.

I turned the timer to 40 minutes and decided to just sit on the couch and watch tv until the timer went off. I needed to calm myself down before he got here.

*DING DING*

Yessss that's it. The oven alarm went off and I jumped from my seat making my way into the kitchen to retrieve the baked goods.

I pulled the cake out with the cute oven mit's I found lying around at the back of the cupboard. I placed it on the cooling rack and turned the air con on to help it cool down.

After about 20 minutes of pacing around and cleaning up the mess I made, I placed my hand on the cake to feel it was cool enough to ice.

I grabbed the piping bag and placed in the cream and blueberries. God it looked so good I just wanted to eat it already.

I covered the whole cake in the icing and spread it out so it looked nice and presentable, and with another lighter colour icing I wrote the words "welcome home my love" in the centre.

I must say I've done well...it actually looks really fricken nice.

I high fived myself for my effort.
Maybe I should take a photo? Yeah why not. I ran up the up stairs to grab my phone from my bedside table.
I grabbed the phone and made my way across my bedroom to head back down stairs.

I nearly jumped out of my skin as a loud thud echoed through the entire house.
What the hell was that?

It sounded like a bowl dropping into the tiled floor. I furrowed my brows and cocked my lips wondering what the hell it was.

I made my way down the stairs trying to see what it was. My feet came in contact with a small white bowl that was lying on the floor in the centre of the kitchen.

Hmm? That's strange.

I picked it up looking at it as if I'd find the answer.

Mmm it must've been Lou knocking it down or the wind or something.