36. Voicemail- Recieved

Luca

We both ran into each other's almost at the exact same time and speed.... Then our lips crashed together like lightening on a stormy night....it was electrifying.

The kiss was like no other I'd ever experienced. It wasn't just out of lust or passion... it was a feeling I've longed for since the moment I felt my own heart beat.... It was love, a love stronger than death itself.

Then...she- she slapped me...

"If you ever doubt me again, If you ever call me those names again, i will put a bullet through your heart, and i will never forgive you. And you will spend every single fucking day showing me how sorry you are, and if you don't, I'm gone, forever"
Her words were sharp like daggers, strong and full of discipline, as they should be. She's right and I will spend the rest of my life showing her.

I swiftly picked her up with one arm, wrapping her legs around my waist while my other hand held onto her neck pulling her into my lips even more if possible.
Our bodies collided like waves on the shore. I could sense the passion, the desire...the love pour out from her swollen lips.

"I promise Little mouse"

"Never" I managed to get out between kisses, and I meant it...from this moment on I never wanted to let her go.

"Rosie, I need you to know, everything I said that night, everything I did, I didn't mean it. I was just so blinded by my hatred, I felt like I was losing you, and the thought of losing you...I can't even describe how it makes me feel" I barely took a single breath.

"I know. I got your voicemail" she lips perked to the side in amusement.

"So you did get it huh?" Just her smile only could bring out the brightest of smiles.

She nodded into my neck as her lips pecked the soft skin below my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

I felt her hot breath suck on and back out again as she yawned against me.
I pushed the hair from her face and kissed her temple softly before heading down the hall and up the stairs to let her get some rest.
I can't imagine how tired she must be.

She's been walking all day and night, barely eaten a thing. Her body's shivering from the snow that pelted down from the winter storm raging just mere metres away, only a thick wall to separate hypothermia. Even the long wisps of her eyelashes had snowflakes stuck to them, giving her the look of an ice queen. Her hair is flowing down her bag, some covered around her neck keeping her warm, yet all of it cold and frozen from the snow.

She's exhausted.

Apart of me feels like I'm dreaming right now, I mean how could she forgive so quickly? How could allow me in without making me earn it?
I would've begged on my knees and crawled the mountains to plead my forgiveness, but all it took was one voicemail.

The torture in my mind is larger than the devils darkest games, I'll never be able to forgive myself, and I will always hate every part of me that walked away from her that night.

No torture will ever be greater then the torture of my own mind.

"Your freezing Little mouse" I touched her cheeks, cold as ice.

"Lay with me. Keep me warm" her gentle words crooked in the air, a long thick, white breath following behind.

I tucked her into my bed, making sure she was wrapped up like a burrito while I covered her in blankets. I switched on the fireplace in the corner of my room that I'd never even used before. I hate the smell of smoke, it makes me sick, but for her, I'd burn the whole world down to keep her warm.

I pulled the freezing cold beanie from her head tossing it to the side before resting her head on my chest. I laid my ring covered hand over her head keeping it cradled and safe from the cold.

Her entire body nearly laid flat on my top, my arms and legs wrapping around her to shelter for from any passing shivers.

Her small fingers were white as milk, her sake blue veins raging through, almost they too were rushing to the surface from their lack of heat.

"I've got you baby" I whispered into her ear, letting my hot breath warm her paled neck.

Just when silence seemed to become natural, her small voice broke even.

"Luca..."

"What is it baby?" Her body still shivered though it was much warmer than before.

"What happens now?"

What does happens now? My heart shivered alongside her body from the question.

"Now I hunt down the bastard who hurt you and make them wish they were dead" that's one thing I know for sure. Carters life has already ended, but so help me god, when I catch him, he's going to wish he was dead, because they things I have planned for him, well I don't even think devil himself could be that creative.

"What about us?" I almost missed her words from the hushed whisper of her swollen lips.
Truthfully, I don't know. But what I do know is, no matter what happens, I will spend the rest of my life making sure she knows how much I need her, how much I love her, because she's mine.

"Your mine little mouse. We're whatever your comfortable with"

"Girlfriend and boyfriend?" Her question caused my chest to rise and fall from the laughter she caused. She's too cute sometimes.

"Girlfriend and boyfriend baby" I confirmed what she wanted most.

I could feel the beat of her chest picking up speed and a fast rhythmic tone. She's nervous.

"You don't need to be nervous baby" I kissed her temple trying to calm her mind down.

"I-I've never had a boyfriend before" the sweet melody of her voice broke beside me as she explained everything she's never had her always wanted, but only ever with the right person. The fact that she has waited so long to have all her first experiences with someone she truly loves brings me to my knees, because that someone is me in her eyes.

"Good. I'd have to find them and bury them alive otherwise" her snickered laugh vibrates against the cool of my skin, sending goose bumps everywhere.

"Goodnight Luca"

"Goodnight little mouse"