27. Delusional

Rosie

Fuck fuck fuck. I whispered to myself as I sat right next to him in one of the many black SUV'S he owned. Im so nervous, I honestly thought I wouldn't get that kind of reaction out of him...not just him but everyone.

Seeing the way he looked at me as I made my way down the stairs just made me feel like I was the most beautiful girl in the entire world.

He was absolutely breathtaking, he looks beyond gorgeous in his suit with his hair slicked back like usual. He had to be the most perfect man I'd ever laid eyes on. I hate to admit that.

I couldn't stop the smile that crept along my face as I looked down at myself sitting inside the brand new looking car. My dress was like one out of a fairytale.
It was light pink with tiny side sleeves and a corset at the top, then it flowed out like a ball gown.

Luca had a friend who's wife was a designer.
She had come over yesterday and helped me pick out the perfect dress for tonight. She was the sweetest woman I've ever met. So kind and understanding.

I told her my favourite colour was pink and she picked out 4 different dresses she thought I'd like.
And when I tell you I loved all of them, I really did. But this one stood out like a drop of red wine on bleach white carpet. It was beyond magnificent.

Luca held my hand as he looked out his window the entire car ride. It was about a one and a half hours drive there. Which wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.

He didn't say anything to me the whole time which made me even more nervous. Have I done something wrong?

Maybe he's just nervous too. After all I am meeting the entire Italian mafia...and his parents.

I got pulled away from my scary thoughts as the car door suddenly opened letting the cool night breeze hit me like a truck on the freeway. A man in a well dressed suit and black gloves put his hand out for me to hold as he escorted me out of the car...

I couldn't believe my eyes. I felt like I was at the entrance of a castle, like Cinderella.

People dressed in the most beautiful gowns and suits flooded the place like fish in the open ocean.
The best way to describe it is like an aquarium... so many different looking animals all over the place.
And I loved it. I felt like I was in a fairytale book as Luca held onto my hand looking down at me as he smiled reassuring me it would be okay. I was safe.

We entered through the huge white doors with gold plated handles and marble tiles. The inside was bigger than I ever could have imagined, there were massive chandeliers hanging from the ceiling with paintings of all different men and woman scattered all along the walls...then there was his painting...it must be all the dons to serve.

My breath hitched in my throat as I noticed everyone staring... staring at me and Luca. I almost forgot he was the don, he was in charge of absolutely every single soul inside this building, and that's terrifying.

He could click his fingers right now and have everyone here dead if he wanted too, even me.

I looked up at him as I watched his facial expression harden as his eyes roamed around the building watching all his men and woman chatter like meerkats.
His stare was deadly, cold and distant, like he was plotting a murder against all those who dared ruin the night.

Though his eyes suddenly met mine, his face softened as he looked into my wondering eyes.
He smiled down at me as gave me a reassuring look that he would protect me from anything. Just his eyes were enough to give that way. And if it is just for show, lord he should be an actor. But I hope and pray I'm only thinking too deep for my own good.