50. Your chocie...

Rosie

I looked up at Ivan hoping he would see me, and he did.

"What is it baby?" He asked like he cared so deeply for me, it made me want to vomite.
I could see Luca raging in front of me, watching him cry in front of his enemy made my heart hurt so badly.

"Please...don't hurt him, let me choose okay, let it be me" I begged silently so Luca wouldn't hear him.

As confident as I was it would be me to die tonight by the hands of Ivan, I still couldn't shake the fear that maybe he would make Luca pay, but I couldn't let that happen, I can't live without Luca, so I won't.

"Did you hear that Luca de costa?" He yelled out in his thick Russian accent.

"What'd you say to him baby?" Luca asked with worry behind his voice.
I think he knew what I was asking. 

I ignored him as I bowed my head, I couldn't look him in the eyes.

"What did you say!!" He cried out even louder.
My heart broke into a thousand pieces hearing him cry out with so much worry present in his beautiful voice.

I looked up at him with sorrowful eyes, telling him without words that it would be okay.

"Rosie here, has volunteered to take your place Luca...ooo she really must love you huh, you see I was going to kill you both tonight...but now that I think of it I might just kill her...let you live the rest of your life in pain" Ivan spat out.

"To hell with that!" Luca roared out as he pulled his gun up cocking it back to shoot, but I know as soon as he pulls the trigger Ivan's men will kill him right on the spot.

"Luca NO!!" I roared out like his life depended on it...and it did.

He stopped as he looked me in the eyes, his tears begging to fall, his bottom lip quivered as his hand shook from the pain he felt inside.

Ivan put the gun to my head...he cocked it once and I closed my eyes tightly waiting for the impact...

"Wait!.... Let it be me...let it be me and I'll give you everything I own, my title, my money...everything" he pleaded.

"No luca no!" I cried.

"Mmm how about this...you can both decide" Ivan laughed as we all looked at each other confused, not understand what he was meaning.

"Rosie stand up" he demanded, and I did. I tried my very best to pick myself up, pushing through the pain that seered through my entire body. My agonising whimpers caused Lucas hands to shoot up to his mouth as he squeezed his eyes shut, not wanting to look at me in such a state.

"Now how bout this huh, mmm...ooo whoever jumps first...dies... you two can decide...your choice" he smiled.

My heart sank knowing full well the fight of my life was about to happen.

Luca and I looked at each other as our chest heaved up and down, and just like twins, we both ran towards the edge in union, praying ourselves would get their first to save the other.

But I couldn't, I was so close when I felt two big arms wrap around my waist and for a just second I forgot about everything that was happening and I felt whole again, I felt at home.

Luca threw me down trying to stop me from jumping, I turned over as I watched him run towards the edge, but I put my leg out stopping him, he tripped and with all my strength I climbed onto him holding his wrists above his head.

"Your not going!!!" I cried out.

He looked at me with sorrow and love, but within an instant I was flipped over on my back. He rolled on top of me with all of his force, but yet he was still so gentle, making sure he didn't hurt me further.
"No baby...your not going" his eyes welled.