7. A World Of Wonder

Luca

It had been a long day out of Brooklyn. I have to travel with my men about 2 hours outside of the city.
They had finally found Jon, he was apart of my security until I found he was just another rat in the system.
I really need to be more careful with who I let in.

He had been on the run for about 3 days, that's all it took, 3 days for me to find and kill him. Unfortunately for him he had to die slow and painful death, but that's his fault.

I caught myself wondering how Rosie was doing today. I wondered what she decided, I wondered what she did all day while I was gone, I wondered...then I wondered if I should consider tearing out my eyes then jumping off a cliff for even wondering something so fucking pathetic.

🦋

I finally arrived home after a long day trying my best to look the least bit presentable although I knew it wouldn't work, my tie was lose around my neck while my hair fell over my exhausted face.

My men locked the doors behind me as they all went their seperate ways once we were inside and secure.

"Good job today boys" I kicked my shoes off and pulled my tie from my neck feeling an instant relief.
Whoever invented ties should be murdered.

I made my way into the kitchen to see Lee reading a magazine, Kade and Dylan watching the football, while josh, Zane and jack cooked dinner.
Although I lived alone these boys were almost always here, they think they have special rights. Which they do but I'll never let them know that.

They were also my best friends since we were boys. We all grew up together in the streets of Italy while my parents were the dons and their fathers were my fathers security too, all interconnected we are.

Since they were out almost constantly, us boys were left to play together, making us grow closer as we grew up. Once they learned I was moving to America they were quick to follow, which I didn't mind, they were my best security and my best friends.

🦋

"What're you cooking?" I asked with slight concern, pouring myself a glass of icy water. Zane's cooking is fucked, hence the concern.

"Spaghetti" Zane spat as he spoke in a fake Russian accent making no one but himself snicker.
Zane was always the funny go lucky one of the group. Actually that's a toss between him and Josh. Actually no not funny, more retarded. I think they were dropped on their heads as babies.

"did you's see penny broke up with mac? I think it's my turn" josh puckered up while he fished around the fridge finding ingredients to make Zane's cooking somewhat edible.

"That girl doesn't need someone like you Josh" Lee spat as he sipped on his coffee not lifting his eyes from his magazine.

The boys snickered, expect for Josh.

"Shut up Lee, your too old to give life advice" josh spat in a joking manner.

Lee was kinda like a father to all of us.

"That's not what your mum says" Lee spat smirking from his coffee.

"Oooo" they all said as they laughed with each other.
Josh's facial expression fell before he let out a fake laugh mimicking the others.

"Don't be upset Josh, penny wouldn't go for you anyway" Jack spat over his shoulder while he stirred the spaghetti, not wanting Zane to do anything else otherwise we would probably die.

"Your all assholes you know that" josh said pointing towards us all.

"Where uh where's the girl" I asked trying not to ruin the mood. I knew they were all a little curious as to why she wasn't dead yet.

Lee sat up as his eyes went behind me nodding his head towards the pool. I followed his gaze to see Rosie sitting by the pool with Lou. Her legs were dangling in the water as the lights lit up her body. Was she wearing my shirt?

"Is she wearing my shirt?"

"She had a shower and didn't want to wear the cloths you managed to paint red last night, so she found one of your old shirts" Lee explained.

"Try to be nice to her Luca, she's scared, and I've spent the whole day trying to ease that okay, and I think it's working so please don't ruin it"
He got up from the bar stool squeezing his way into the kitchen to set out bowls. The boys will often eat together in the lounge room and watch the footy or sometimes cartoons if their high enough.

I put my glass down to walk outside, placing my hands in my pockets with ease. I knew the boy's were staring. Nosy bastards.

She slowly looked up as I made my way over to her side standing tall above her.

"What're you doing?" I asked with no emotion.
She looked down at her feet that pressed together firmly in the pool.

"Sitting" she spoke with anger and sarcasm present in her voice, though I could tell she was terrified. Little mouse can't fool me. I Can hear the shake in her voice. She's afraid of me. Good.

"Don't give me attitude" I spat not moving from my position, my voice holding nothing but plain forwardness.
I watched her tense, good, I want her to know her place.

"I assume your going to stay" I said as I rubbed my eyes in exhaustion.

"if I leave I die" she breathed out, almost in a whisper this time, not so tuff anymore.

Lou was right beside her with his head laying on her lap, he must like her. She rubbed his head as she smiled down at him giving him soft kisses with her eyes.
"I see you've met Lou" I said trying to ease her worry, though I doubt it's working considering I have no experience in that field.

She didn't say anything as she looked up and gave me a slight smile nodding her head yes.
"He's beautiful" she whispered as she smiled down at him, not quite talking to me but here self
Instead.

"Yes, I know" I watched her smile down at my dog. I don't think I was talking about Lou though. Rosie was an attractive woman no doubt, but that's all she is. A pretty shell is often just that.

"Get inside, it's getting cold, and dinner is almost finished"

She instantly obliged which I liked, probably scared I'd shoot her between the eyes if she disobeyed.
She stood from the pool, wiping the water from her legs and when she stood back up...I could see her cold nipples poking through my shirt, just fucking glaring at me.

She must've seen my eyes looking her up and down because fuck me her cheeks flushed redder then ever with embarrassment.

"I-I I'm sorry I didn't want to wear my other cloths, they uh they had blood on them" she said as she crossed her arms over her body looking down at her small feet. She has balls taking one of my shirts I'll give her that.

I nodded to her letting her know it was okay. I didn't want to talk to this girl anymore, she was frustrating me, and not because of her particular presence at this time but because I didn't want to strangle the absolute life out of her and make her beg for mercy like I did most people in this world. Fuck this.

"This is Rosie, she'll be here for a while" forever most likely, until she's dead, though I refrain from saying that.

I moved to the side letting her come into view, her tiny figure poking out from behind me and she gave each of them the smallest of smiles.
"Hi Rosie"
They all said trying their best not to scare her away. She seemed to relax due to their 'kind' personas.
They seem more nervous then her, fuck I must've deprived them of woman more than I thought.

"hi" she whispered, practically saying nothing.

"I need to shower. Eat" I demanded her before turning my back up stairs ready to get away from the outside world for five fucking minutes.