Ch. 48 - Turning the Winter Mountains into a Mess (1)

Start from the beginning

“Try to stop them from approaching as much as possible. We will have the advantage as long as we can establish this stronghold and keep it.”

“Yes, sir!”

Hearing Iron’s orders, Corporal Charles immediately bowed his head and relayed it to the other soldiers and corporals.

The goblins, who were adept at hit-and-run tactics, were now fully agitated. And they were now going into an all-out war against them. However, even if this was the case, Iron and the soldiers made sure to occupy the most advantageous terrain.

Despite the records saying that goblins were weak, they were essentially monsters so receiving a few bullets would not kill them at all. So fighting an all-out war against them with their difficult guerilla warfare for no reason at all would definitely turn the situation bad for the nearest guard post.

However, everything would change if they had an overwhelming advantage. Just occupying the most advantageous terrain would change the pattern of war and would give an added boost to their fire power. Even if they wouldn’t die under the barrage of their bullets, they would still be stopped in their tracks if some of them died from getting hit by bombs.

But if they were talking about variables in this war, then the ice goblins’ ice magic was a huge variable.

“It’s ice magic!”

Corporal Charles hurriedly reported the large chunks of ice that started to fly towards their direction.

Iron stepped forward in annoyance as he stared at the incoming chunks of ice.

Crack!

As soon as he pulled out his sword, the largest chunk of ice had been cut down.

The ice that flew towards them was not ordinary ice but ice created with mana. This meant that the ice would be more sturdy and durable compared to ordinary ice. If his soldiers got hit by such a huge block of ice, he was sure that they would most definitely die.

―So… it’s you.

When one of the goblins stared at Iron and spoke those words in human language, the ice goblins all turned their heads and glared at him. The goblin leader’s eyes even started to turn red bit by bit as it realized that Iron was the human who underhandedly killed its men.

“Maybe I should have gone for the snow goblins first?”

Iron felt annoyed as he saw the chunks of ice coming towards them on all sides.

Snow goblins also used snow magic but they would just be like snow golems, who only threw snowballs, at best. Of course, their mobility was much better than the ice goblins. It was a bit harder to fight against snow goblins that also used guerilla warfare while skiing all over the place but in their current situation where they were stationed in a fixed place, Iron felt that it was much more comfortable to deal with snow goblins than ice goblins.

“Outpost leader!”

Corporal Charles ran to help as he saw the goblins rushing straight towards Iron.

“Don’t worry about me and do what you have to do!”

Iron shouted as he concentrated the mana on his sword.

A simple swing of his sword was able to cut down the goblins that rushed crazily towards him. He sent the head of the leading goblin flying with a slash as he continued to parry the attacks of the other goblins.

The goblin that was right behind the leading goblin stopped in a daze as it looked incredulously at the boy in front. It couldn’t believe that the boy’s light mana sword could easily slash through their ice magic sword.