"It's not like he murdered- wait lemme take that back" she cut her self off "it's not like he killed someone on purpose" she said.

"What happened den" he said not believing her. "Him and this man was fighting and the man was on top of him choking him. So he shot him in the shoulder to get him off with no intention of killin him, but he bled out anyways and ended up dyin." she explained and he shook his head.

"Damn" he mumbled. "Yeah so don't be scared," she shrugged. "I am not scared, my question is why yo ass set visitation for 12 o'clock knowing we would have to get up early" he said.

"The sooner the better, I'm excited to see my dad. I can drive if you want since you was up half the night" she said.

"You got yo license?" He asked and she nodded "mhm, just don't have a car. It's depressing" she mumbled the ending.

"I'ca drive yaya" he told her. "You sure, you need sleep" she mumbled looking up at him.

"How bout i drive half way and you drive the rest" he suggested knowing she wouldn't give up. "How about you drive 1/4 and i drive the other three" she switched it and he laughed at her.

"Never heard of that," he shook his head. She was something different he could admit that. "How bout i drive all the way there and half way back" she altered it again.

She could see how tired he was and she just wanted him to get rest. "You can drive all the way there and I can drive all the way back. Final answer" he ended.

"Okay" she sighed taking what she could get. Grabbing the hem of her shirt she lifted it up and off to put her new clothes on.

He blinked a few times letting his eyes fall to the bruise. "Don't put no clothes over that lemme clean it up. Come on." He said.

He walked away and she followed him. He made it to the bathroom and she walked in behind him.

"Stay in here" he told her walking out the bathroom to the kitchen.

She sat in the bathroom on the toilet seat waiting for him patiently as she looked down at her rib cage. It didn't hurt but it was throbbing so it felt weird.

After a second he came back with water and three pills in his hand. He sat the pills and the glass on the counter.

"You too low" he told her before using his hands to hoist her up from the toilet to the counter.

"Why you picking me up like a rag dog, scrawny tail self." She mumbled sort of shocked not expecting it. "Yo ass light weight" he mumbled getting the pills and standing in between her legs.

Her jaw dropped and he stifled a laugh at her facial expression. "Here, this one fa the infection it's antibiotics, and this Tylenol cause dat shit gone start hurting again and ion wanna hear you whine" he told her honestly.

"I don't whine" she mumbled taking them and he laughed grabbing the glass of water before looking back at her. "Oh you was serious?" He asked and she nodded.

"Yes you do yaya. It's cool though" he nodded. "Ion mind" he added on as he passed the glass. She started to take the pills while he got rubbing alcohol.

"Fuck no" she shook her head making him pause. "Don't cuss" he looked at her. "I can cuss, wrong wit you" she mugged him.

"It don't sound right coming from you. Now move so I can do it." He said. "No it's gone burn" she whined before frowning.