Chapter 86

Chapter 86 Finale

    The emperor was carried to the bedroom and lay unconscious on the bed.

    Both Xiao Wu and Lin Yulan were invited over, one to wipe the emperor's sweat, and the other to feel the emperor's pulse.

    Jiang Zhaoli pulled away from the huge sense of absurdity just now, collected himself, and walked to Xiao Wu's side.

    When Xiao Wu saw her coming, she shook her head imperceptibly, indicating that the emperor was hopeless.

    She applied needles incessantly, unbuttoning the emperor's robe, exposing his chest and abdomen, and pricking them with silver needles one by one. Finally, when his body was covered with silver needles, the emperor took a deep breath and woke up.

    Eunuch Hong was ecstatic when he saw this, and burst into tears: "Your Majesty, you finally woke up! You scared the slaves to death!"

    But the emperor waved him away, pointed at Jiang Zhaoli with a trembling hand, and ticked off .

    Jiang Zhaoli was taken aback, and hurriedly went over: "What orders does Your Majesty have?" The emperor said     angrily,

    "I ask you, can I feel at ease?"

: "Yes."

    When the emperor asked this question for the third time, she finally gave a short but positive answer.

    "Hahahahaha...Okay, okay...cough, cough..." The emperor closed his eyes, laughed out loud as if he was finally relieved, and coughed again after being choked by his own saliva. It was through the back and the needle that he stopped coughing.

    The emperor's chest heaved violently a few times, but his face suddenly became rosy, and he continued to ask Jiang Zhaoli: "Then, can I attain the Tao?" Jiang Zhaoli looked at

    him, and said in a low voice: "Yes. "

    "Okay, okay...Jiang Xingxian, read a Taoist scripture for me..."

    Jiang Zhaoli began to read.

    Amidst her slow chanting, the emperor slowly closed his eyes, his frowning brows were finally relieved, the corners of his mouth slightly raised, his expression was peaceful and serene.

    He lay there, motionless, as if asleep.

    After a long time, the sound of chanting sutras in Jiang Zhaoli stopped, and the room was quiet. After a while, Eunuch Hong stuck his trembling fingers under the emperor's nose.

    Immediately afterwards, he burst into a mournful howl.

    His cry was like a signal, and everyone knelt down in an instant, and loud or small cries sounded one after another. However, among the crying in the room, only the first crying was sincere.

    ...

    In the magnificent Golden Palace, all the ministers were waiting anxiously, when they heard a powerful bell ringing, they were all taken aback.

    The sound of the bell was deep and deep, one after another, startling the crows and sparrows pecking at the feathers on the eaves of the palace. After twenty-seven strokes, the bell stopped abruptly, and the lingering sound echoed in the ears of all the officials.

    Twenty-seven beats, national mourning.

    Chen Gu and Xu Mao looked at each other, they knelt down together tacitly and bowed their heads, "Send off Your Majesty—"