Chapter 85

Chapter  85

    At first Jiang Zhaoli didn't know that Chu Yunzhi and Chu Hanzhang were back.

    The news that reached her ears before the two returned was that the emperor was finally going to interrogate Jiang Jinmian.

    Accompanying this news was Eunuch Hong who hastily came to invite her. The usual kind smile disappeared from his face, and he asked Jiang Zhaoli to follow him with a sullen face, and Xiao Wu was not allowed to follow.

    "When you get to the place, don't ask anything, just watch from the side, you know?" Eunuch Hong told her solemnly.

    Jiang Zhaoli didn't know why, but he had an intuition that something important was going to happen, so he replied, "Got it."

    Eunuch Hong walked very fast, and Jiang Zhaoli almost jogged to keep up with him. After walking briskly for a while, Eunuch Hong stopped suddenly, tidied up the slightly messy hem of the clothes blown by the wind, and asked Jiang Zhaoli to do the same.

    Jiang Zhaoli looked up and was stunned for a while.

    Eunuch Hong actually brought her to the Jinluan Hall.

    And this hour is the morning of the court.

    "What are you doing in a daze? Hurry up, Your Majesty is still waiting." Eunuch Hong urged.

    Jiang Zhao's heart tightened, he hurriedly responded, then straightened his Taoist robe and whisk, bowed his head and followed Eunuch Hong in.

    As soon as she stepped into the palace door, she felt the oppressive and dull atmosphere in the palace.

    Without him, it was too quiet.

    Nearly a hundred officials lined up on both sides, but the hall was so silent that even the sound of breathing could be heard.

    Jiang Zhaoli didn't dare to look around, he could only glance at the surrounding scenes from the corner of his eye. When she was about to walk up to the emperor, she saw a man with rusty shackles on his hands and feet and hair like withered grass kneeling in the center of the hall. He was so thin that his prison clothes looked empty.

    The man had his eyes closed, but when Jiang Zhaoli passed by him, he felt something, turned his head and looked over, his gaze was like a torch, like a sharp arrow that was about to shoot Jiang Zhaoli through.

    His eyes were so vicious, Jiang Zhaoli couldn't help but wanted to take half a step back, but was pulled back calmly by Eunuch Hong in front of him.

    "Your Majesty, Sheng'an, this slave has brought Daoist Jiang here."

    "See Your Majesty for the poor, long live your Majesty, long live your Majesty." Seeing this, Jiang Zhaoli hurriedly saluted, but his mind was still on the person in the center of the hall.

    This sallow, thin, haggard person turned out to be Jiang Jinmian.

    His vigorous, gentle and refined appearance before the same year was completely different.

    Due to the imperial decree of amnesty for the world, the emperor has not punished everyone. Is this matter finally on the agenda today? But why is Jiang Jinmian the only one, and why are the other party members?

    "Excuse me, go and stand there." The emperor pointed to a location and said to Jiang Zhaoli.

    Hearing this, Jiang Zhaoli had no choice but to suppress his confusion, and honestly went to stand at the place designated by the emperor.