Chapter 72

Chapter 72

    The weather at the end of summer is capricious. The morning is still clear and the sky is covered by dark clouds in the afternoon. The raindrops washed the deep jungle in a line. The white peaks quickly dispersed and melted into the winding stream, dyeing the stream into a strange color.

    The beetles that usually hid deep in the soil popped up one after another, scattered in all directions, and crawled under the umbrella mushrooms to hide from the rain. The gray-white mushrooms were slumped by the bean-sized raindrops, the stipe was crooked, and the caps were densely packed together. Suddenly, a plain white hand stretched out and quickly pulled up the cluster of mushrooms, and walked away in shock. Lots of beetles.

    Looking at the pitifully few mushrooms in his hand, Jiang Zhaoli pursed his lips.

    Saliva secreted crazily, Jiang Zhaoli struggled to look away and put away the mushrooms.

    It's not known how many days it is, she has basically taken all the edible things nearby, there are no birds in the forest, and the only living things are highly poisonous. When she's lucky, she can catch a few snakes, but most of the time, she'll only find things like wild green mushrooms.

    Chu Yunzhi's injury was capricious, and the time she spent waking up became less and less. She didn't dare to go too far, fearing that something might happen and she wouldn't be able to go back.

    Jiang Zhaoli was so hungry that his eyes turned black, and he barely managed to stay awake with a burst of willpower.

    If this continues, she and Chu Yun won't last long.

    Jiang Zhaoli tried his best to think of a solution, but under the long-term hunger and fatigue, his mind was like a mess, and he didn't think of a result for a long time.

    She smiled wryly, gave up thinking for the time being, and was about to look for food elsewhere, but her ears caught a faint sound.

    —It was the sound of cloth rubbing against bushes, and soles of shoes stepping on weeds.

    Almost intuitively, Jiang Zhaoli immediately found a bush and squatted down, using the banana leaves to hide his figure.

    Through the gaps in the branches and leaves, Jiang saw a man wearing a hat coming over, his eyes wandering around, as if he was looking for something, and the black bunt under the thick coir raincoat was exposed as he walked.

    It's the men in black.

    Still haven't given up yet? Could it be that these men in black have been persistently looking for them these days?

    Who on earth is so persistent in wanting Chu Yunzhi's life?

    The man in black scanned his surroundings, and stopped suddenly when his gaze came to Jiang Zhaoli's direction. Jiang Zhaoli held his breath and didn't dare to move, his heart was almost hanging in his throat.

    He found himself?

    Fortunately, after a few moments, the man in black looked away and continued walking forward.

    Seeing the man in black walk away, Jiang Zhaoli let out a breath slowly, thinking that it should be just an illusion.

    She straightened up, wanting to go back to the cave, but stopped after walking a few steps, and touched the empty sheepskin bag on her waist.

    It has been a long time since she came out, and she only found some mushrooms, which is fine if there is little food, but she didn't find a single herb. Chu Yunzhi's wound was already festering and pus, and even smelled faintly.