Chapter 53

Chapter 53 Results

    Jiang Zhaoli looked at Chu Yunzhi who was walking in front of him, and swallowed the words welling up in his throat.

    He will feel hypocritical.

    She couldn't help but looked back, the people in front of the county government office had dispersed, and the servants walked away in twos and threes, yawning or stretching. People, after a while, another yamen servant came over, frowned and said something, and made a movement to drive away. The sobbing person barely stopped crying, and began to transport the coffin out.

    The stack of bank notes she left was still on the table, and no one paid any attention to it. When the coffin was transported out of the hall, the yamen servant who drove people looked around and quickly put the bank notes into his arms.

    Jiang Zhaoli watched the two coffins disappear around the corner of the street, feeling really aggrieved in his heart, like a smoldering fire burning with soot scattered everywhere, unable to relieve it.

    Just because he wanted to take revenge on her, he used two names.

    Is human life really so cheap here? He is so lowly that he can become a weight in other people's calculations at will.

    Xu Shi sensed her thoughts, and 2876, which was usually on standby, suddenly made a sound.

    [Host, since the birth of 2986, you are the seventeenth. 】

    Jiang Zhaoli was stunned for a moment, 【What? 】

    【The previous sixteen hosts all come from different worlds. The rules of each world are different, and the attitude towards life is also very different. In some worlds, the value of life and non-living matter is equal. Host, you have to learn to get used to it. 】

    Jiang Zhaoli realized that this might be a disguised form of comfort for 2876, 【Then are your previous hosts used to it? ]

    2876 didn't answer right away, 【...No. The third and seventh term chose to commit suicide because they could not adapt, and the fifteenth term also died of depression. 】

    Jiang Zhaoli didn't know what to say for a while, and said after a while: 【...Don't worry, I won't commit suicide. 】

    She was talking to 2876, and in Chu Yunzhi's eyes, she was in a daze, so he couldn't help holding her hand tightly.

    Jiang Zhaoli felt the strength coming from his hand, and then remembered that she and Chu Yunzhi were still holding hands, feeling a little uncomfortable, so he moved his hand to pull it out, but it was held even tighter.

    There were two carriages parked in the inconspicuous alley next to the county government office. Chu Yun held her warm and dry palm, and he led her all the way to the side of the carriage before letting go.

    Chu Yiyi and Chen Zishuo, who had been waiting, came up.

    Chu Yiyi first called brother, then looked at Jiang Zhaoli, "Sister-in-law, they didn't bully you, did they?" "Miss

    Jiang, did County Magistrate Qian make things difficult for you?"

    Jiang Zhaoli had already calmed down and touched Put Chu Yiyi's head, "Only the sister-in-law is bullying others."

    She looked around, and said curiously: "Where is Xu Mao? Isn't he with you?" For some reason

    , a trace of embarrassment flashed across Chen Zishuo's face , and tapped in one direction with his chin.