chapter 51

"Was that really necessary?" Taehyung asked.

"Yes." Jungkook replied.

Their eyes locked again, both staring silently, until Taehyung looked away chuckling.

Jungkook grinned at him.
This doll...
Taehyung seemed not mad at him, he seemed more likely to have enjoyed the show. Jungkook was questioning if he should have put more strength into the punch, but he promised to stay civil in a way.

"I wanted to kill him, but he's not worth it. You are right. Besides.. rather in jail, I want to be with you," Jungkook admitted. Taehyung stopped and looked at him again, smiling ever so lovingly.
"I prefer having you on my side, too." He whispered.
Jungkook smiled back.

"The vernissage is indeed canceled. Please, bring this man to the back. The police should arrive soon." They heard Jungkook's aunt behind them, when Hoseok and the other woman stepped in front of them.

They didn't pay attention to the happenings behind them anymore. The professor got lifted up by the security and carried away, while Jungkook's aunt walked to the students and her employees. The students, Taehyung's coworkers, were dismissed. Her employees would clear the hall the remaining day, she did not want to see any of the professor's exhibits.

Then she sighed, shaking her head.

This perfection of an idiot would have to face immense consequences. She would make sure the professor's reputation in their society would never rise higher than the gap between her heel and the ground again.

"What do you want?" Jungkook asked his mother at the same moment.
"Are you alright?" His mother asked Taehyung.
She ignored her son's question and worriedly cupped Taehyung's face. In this current circumstances this was great stress for the handsome young man, therefore she focused on him first. Then she turned to her nephew.

"Sweetheart, please bring water and something delicious to eat for Taehyung." She requested.

"On my way!" Hoseok agreed, winking at Jungkook and Taehyung.

He was away before both of them could react.

"Huh?" Taehyung was confused.
How did this woman know his name?
Why was Jungkook acting so weird?
What was going on?

"What are you trying to do?" Jungkook insisted on knowing. He was not buying her sudden friendly approach. He pushed her hands away from Taehyung, when she took the chance. His mother grabbed his hand, examined the bruise on the back.

"Are you hurt much?" She wanted to know.

"It's none of your business." Jungkook returned, detangling his hand from her.

Taehyung's confusion only got bigger, watching them.

He was lost, being now pulled away, when the unknown woman stepped in their sight once more.

"Please, Jungkook. I was not the mother you wanted me to be, I am so very sorry, but please let me at least be a better grandmother!! Please!" She begged.

Taehyung froze.

Mother?! Grandmother?! Wait!!! This woman!!

That means-!! That's-!! Ahh-!!

"Wait! How do YOU know?!" Jungkook shouted, interrupting Taehyung's thoughts.

Taehyung could not connect dots to the end, he rather got shellshocked, while Jungkook was absolutely bewildered.

What the heck? How?!

"Who told you Taehyung is pregnant!?" Jungkook asked again.

His mother smiled.