chapter 4

"You are not being serious, you coconut head!!!"

A loud voice from behind made both flinch.

Jungkook turned around, and froze on the spot. Jimin was standing right behind him and marched up. He waited for a thunderstorm to unleash, so mad did his cousin look at him, but instead he got pulled backwards. Jimin stepped in between him and the doll.

"Since when?" Jimin asked him. Taehyung blinked confused, looked over his shoulder and back into his neighbor's apartment. He was unsure what exactly the short blonde male wanted to know.

"Uhm... since this morning?" He then replied. That's when he moved in and accidently ripped the door open. He gulped, seeing the other's eyes flame up and turn around.

"Are you serious?!" He yelled at the ravenette, who's name apparently was Jeon Jungkook. The latter furrowed his eyebrows confused. Guilt washed over Taehyung. It was not Jungkook's fault, it was him who put them into this situation.

"It was an accident-!" He therefore tried to take the bullet, but flinched when the new guy turned heel again.

"No!" He got cut off.

"It doesn't matter! That's not how we deal with challenges in our family!" Jimin reacted angry. He saw how the silver blond tilted his head, questiongly. It was then, when it struck him how enchanting the other looked. Really beautiful. He has to be a model, that's how his stupid coconut of cousin get to know him, he now was sure. And.. got him pregnant.

"Jimin-"

He heard and turned around again, grabbing Jungkook by his collar.

"Shut up! I said it doesn't matter if it was an accident! He is right, it goes both ways! You don't let him go through it alone!" He scolded the younger one.

Jungkook's confusion only grew. He stared at the door, at Taehyung and back at his older cousin.

"What the hell are you talking about? Go alone where? He is old enough to do whatever, live on his own even!? So it's none of my business?" He questioned. Something didn't add up!

"What the-?! That's not how we raised you?! Show responsibility for your actions! You- you-" Jimin was lost for words.

Taehyung on the other hand felt uncomfortable and cleared his throat.

"I'll find a way to fix it-" He interfered and almost flinched again, when Jimin turned around.

"No, you don't!" He got cut again. Then Jimin sighed. He needed to calm down, because he just realized he added more fuel into the fire.

"Let's start over. I'm Park Jimin, Jungkook's cousin. I'll help you both out in this. So... who are you?" He introduced himself. Taehyung smiled relieved. He really was panicking on how to fix the door issue on his own. Living alone for the first time really had its downs.

"Excuse me?!" Jungkook pulled the attention on himself.

"What-- why should we need your help?! Get lost, mochi!" He signaled the short blonde to leave, who just huffed and looked at Taehyung.

"So you are, who?" He asked again.

"Kim Taehyung!" Taehyung quickly answered and smiled at him, showing his boxy one. Jimin placed his hand on his chest and cooed.

"You're cute!!" He exclaimed.

"And beautiful! You are a model, right?" He continued asking. This caught Taehyung off-guard. His cheeks got tintend in even darker red, because of the unexpected compliment. Then he slowly shook his head.

"I'm an art student," he denied, keeping it short. He also was his professor's assistant and a teacher in the afternoons and weekends, but this was an answer too long. Suddenly he got grabbed by his wrist and pulled in.

"-and model?" Jimin asked, while he pushed Jungkook out of the way and dragged Taehyung inside. He startled them, but ignored their baffled facial expressions.

"No? Why?" Taehyung asked back.

Jimin stopped midway.

"Did you ask why? Really?" He wanted to know. Taehyung slowly nodded.

"Did you see yourself in the mirror?!" He added. Taehyung nodded again, lifted his eyebrows and blinked irritated. Jimin stared back with the same confusion, then burst out in a delighted laugh. There was no arrogant response back as he expected, just a sweet and refreshing stare.

"I am working with models, so I know one, when I see one," Jimin explained, then dragged Taehyung further in.

"I'm really not one. I'm happy in my-" He started saying, then found himself in the kitchen. Jimin rolled up his sleeves.

"Can you cook?" He asked. Taehyung was lost again, shook his head.

"When did you eat properly the last time?" The blonde wanted to know.

"This.. morning?" Taehyung recalled his memory. He had a quick breakfast on his way to the art studio, then the kids today all were a bit restless and he didn't find time to eat a decent meal at all. Just snacks in between.

"What?! You need to eat well in this state!! Okay, I'll cook you something. I'm not that good, but my boyfriend is and he shared some good recipes," Jimin told him and looked into Jungkook's fridge.

"Jungkook cooks well, too, you know?" He said with a wink.

"And why should he know that?!" Jungkook stepped in between. He finally froze out of his spot. Moments earlier he was just thunderstruck. Jimin pulled the doll inside his home, shoved him out of his living room towards the hallway and elsewhere. He was just left behind alone, wavering on what to do. This situation was surreal.

Jungkook then ignored the door and followed the two with furrowed eyebrows, just to hear his cousin praise him. Something Jimin usually doesn't, if not business intended.

"Why not? You know what- you could help out, if we are already at it! Hey, Taehyung! Can you cook?" Jimin wanted to know.

Taehyung shook his head.

"I tried, but then it got burnt. My brother wanted to help me, but it got worse and we almost burnt down the kitchen," he answered and chuckled. He was amused, but Jimin and Jungkook seemed not. They both looked at him with big eyes, so Taehyung first pursed his lips and then rubbed his neck.

"Uhm.. don't worry. My brother-in-law saved us! My brother and I are not allowed into the kitchen anymore," he explained. Their stares got awkward by now.

"So much to 'He can live on his own.'," Jimin said.

Jungkook had no words. He didn't even know what to say, he just stared. He also stared, because Taehyung was beautiful. He couldn't look away, he was just in awe. How could a person look like that?

Taehyung caught him staring and threw questioning puppy eyes back, but Jungkook looked away. He had no time for such an innocent doll. He had no time at all!

"F*ck, I'm late!" He yelled. Jimin almost dropped the pan.

"What are you yelling?!" He yelled back, then stepped out of the kitchen seeing his younger cousin run out. He undressed himself on his way to the bathroom.

"Heading out! Some chicks and dudes wanted to meet at a bar and asked me to come with them!" Jungkook shouted, then shut the bathroom door.

Jimin frowned, shocked. That boy! He was having a night out, partying and drinking, while this beauty was left alone starving! He would not allow that-

"I should go." Taehyung interrupted his thoughts.

Jimin turned around, then shook his head.

"Let's cook together, alright?" He asked with a smile.