chapter 31

"Alright. What do you want to do?" He asked.

In return Taehyung became surprised.

He didn't expect the younger male to agree, thought, Jungkook would prefer to postpone it. Tomorrow was a regular work day.

"Picnic!" He blurted out, pondering a second, then quickly added: "At the Han river!"

"Huh?! Have you seen outside?" Jungkook asked back, and the smile faded out of the older one's face. It was to be expected, Jungkook would not be fond of the idea so late. Who would?

"And where do you want to get food now? It's almost midnight!" The ravenette pointed out.

No restaurants were open at this time.

Taehyung frowned.

"You know what-" He whispered.

"Or we could go to the convenience store around the corner and get some small things?" Jungkook pondered loudly, then he opened the door to his apartment.

"Let me put my equipment inside, then we can go," he continued so unexpectedly, Taehyung stared surprised at the younger male, who put his stuff inside and closed the door again.

"Let's go, doll." Jungkook said.

Taehyung's lips curled up into a warm smile. His fingers brushed down Jungkook's arm, where he tangled one pair of hands and suddenly started running down the hallway. "Hey wait!" Jungkook shouted, stunned and yet he adjusted to the speed.

Taehyung skipped the elevator, aimed for the stairways in his excited rush and jumped over a few steps to get down faster.

Both left the building with a laugh, then ran down the street. Taehyung ran ahead, then Jungkook caught up and ended up entering the convenience store first.

"And now? Still the Han river?" Jungkook asked, when they left the store with bags again.

"Han river!" Taehyung answered.

"Then let's go back and get the car." The younger one said and the older male nodded eagerly.

This was exciting! When did he ever do a picnic at midnight and then outside?

Not even an half an hour later they were sitting on the ground, a big bath towel spread underneath them.

"This will do," Jungkook said and fished out the first items out of the bag. He gave Taehyung a can with soda, then took out beer for himself.

"Yeah, the towel will do. For the gym, I guess?" Taehyung asked him.

"Yep, that's right. Always have towels in the car. But why no beer for you?" Jungkook asked back.

The silver blonde lifted the drink in his hand.

"Nostalgia. I used to drink this a lot in my childhood. Strawberry limonade!" He told him and looked over the river.

They had found a great spot on a little hilly shoreside, offside from the main attractions alongside the river. It was a bit lonely here, but they had a great view. And luck was on their side today, as it was a warm summer night.

"Besides... I don't like beer and alcohol." Taehyung confessed.

Jungkook just opened his beer and looked irritated, before sitting down next to him.

"You had wine with me the other day?" He questioned.

"A good wine is an exemption!" Taehyung corrected himself, making both of them grin.

"Hey, when you drink.. I will drive back, okay?" Taehyung became serious again.

Jungkook was startled, then he nodded.