chapter 9

The professor gave no concept limit. Should he go for a safe route, or try the abstract way?

Taehyung's mind trailed back to Jungkook and red blushed anew on his cheeks, thinking about the naked-question. Did he really blurt out that he wanted to draw him? How embarrassing.

His brother-in-law was so right! While Taehyung's brother destroyed stuff without second thought, he clearly spoke out what was on his mind without second thought.

"No, no, no. Focus, Taetae! Focus!" He declared. Back to work! First he needed to do some sketches, so he pulled out his sketchbook and sat down at the coffee table.

This is how his night went. Sketches were made, colors were tested in combination and solo. His floor filled up with thrown away drafts and to his frustration the table in the middle of his room wasn't big enough to let the painted sketches dry, so he also occupied his bed. In the end he stood in the middle of his chaos with a pout. It was dawn, he was no step further, so sleepy and...

That's when his stomach grumbled.

"Whhyyy?" He asked himself whiny. Why now?

He didn't want to be hungry, because he was too tired to make food and just wanted to sleep. For that he needed to clean up his mess away from his bed, but where to put all the stuff?

Taehyung sighed. Living alone in a small space with no help was hard.

"First food..," he mumbled with another sigh. He went to the kitchen corner and pulled out some instant ramen. This should be enough for now.

Or.. wait.

He promised himself to go out all the way to be able to live on his own! That also meant he needed to provide himself with healthy food.

Meaning.. He had to tackle cooking!

Taehyung glimpsed over to the fridge, sighed again and rubbed his eyes. He was so sleepy, but that was adult life, so he had to push through.

"ARE YOU F*CKING NUTS?!"

Yelling was all he heard, when he stood there with a small bucket of water.

"Back off and get out!!" This was the next yelling, then Jungkook grabbed his arm harshly and pulled him out of his own apartment. Taehyung coughed and stared with big eyes at the ravenette, after he found himself in his neighbor's living room. There a brunette woman smiled at him widely and waved her hand at a fast speed, giggling tipsy. Maybe drunk? But still aware.. somehow?

The silver blonde whispered a silent Hello back, when he heard metall hitting the floor. Jungkook had kicked the pan down to the ground and threw his jacket over it, while hot smoke fumed around him. The fire gradually died down underneath, but the smoke got more intense and made him cough heavily. So he covered mouth and rushed out of the apartment.

There he coughed it out for a moment.

"For the f*ck's sake, doll! What are you doing?!" He was furious. Taehyung flinched, so did the woman next to him. Meanwhile the smoke filled his living room, quicker than Jungkook wished for.

"Go open the windows!" He commanded and showed towards the windows behind his sofa. The fire was out, so it was safe enough to let the smoke out. Taehyung flinched again and gave his bucket to the unknown woman.

"Thank you." She said with a loud giggle.

The cold air was a fresh breeze, vacuuming the smoke out of his apartment. It was a great relief, but contrary to the smoke Jungkook was still fuming inside. He pierced the silver blonde with a glare, when he dared to come back with puppy eyes. Oh no. They would not work. Not this time!

"Did you just throw water into hot oil?!" He yelled.

Taehyung made a pout and slowly nodded.

"Only a tiny bit," he added in a tiny voice.

"Oh? This is water?!" The brunette asked with another giggle, pointing with her finger into the bucket. Taehyung tilted sideways, looked at the woman behind Jungkook and nodded again.

"Hey! Look at me!" Jungkook stated, then pulled him to stand straight. Taehyung followed his command.

"No water into hot oil! Never again!" He ordered sternly. Taehyung pulled his bottom lips between his teeth and nodded fast.

"Use your words! Repeat it!" Jungkook demanded and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"No water into hot oil. Never again." Taehyung mumbled, pouting unaware and apologizing. Jungkook just stared at him in disbelief. He was absolutely drunk, but got sober in an instant due to an adrenaline rush, when he saw smoke creeping out under the newly unveiled door. Now he was scolding a little pup with adorable pout- Not again!! He had to focus back on the issue!

"You don't pout your way out!" He scolded him.

Taehyung nodded obediently, Jungkook was right. He had to adult now, better be responsible.

"You are..-"

Splashing water thundered behind them, making both flinch this time and slowly turn around. Both eyes wide in disbelief.

"... wet." Taehyung ended his sentence.

The brunette girl was standing there on shaky legs, lowering the bucket as she tried drinking out of it and splashed the remaining water all over herself. And the floor.

"What-" Jungkook shouted and..

"-the heck!" ..got interrupted proudly by Taehyung. No cursing, please! He hated it. That was all he said with his eyes only, when Jungkook pierced him with a confused glare. The photographer shook his head and turned back around.

"Ooooh, you are right~~! I am weeet!" The woman shouted giggling in a singing voice.

"I don't believe this." Jungkook said.

"You are lucky. Your carpet soaked the water up." Taehyung pointed out, startling Jungkook again. He looked down to his carpet and huffed. The woman giggled and Taehyung joined her until Jungkook turned around with fuming eyes.

He stopped.

"You! Help me clean that up!" The ravenette ordered, letting his jaw drop.

"Why?!" Taehyung asked in disbelief, seeing his neighbor haste around the sofa. He followed.

"Because it is your bucket in her hands!" He explained, annoyed.

"And I was thirsty!" The woman added.

"See?! She made the mess, I won't clea-"

"I am sleeepy!" Taehyung got interrupted by her, watching the drunk girl bend down to the ground. She lied onto the carpet, not caring about the soaked ground.

"You are saying?" Jungkook asked beside him. The silver blonde lifted his eyebrows and looked at 'womanizer'.

"What pick-up line did you use tonight?"

Roasted. An unknown sassy side was detected. Taehyung questioned his abilities. Jungkook bit his tongue and pushed it against his inner cheek, inhaling deeply next.

"You should be picked up! By your parents! Didn't they teach you no water to oil?" He countered and went ahead again. Taehyung quickly caught up into the hallway, but said nothing. He just pouted.

He was coming from a rich family. They had maids and a cook working for them, so yes, cooking was new. He was never interested in it. That changed with his brother-in-law, who was an excellent cook as much as his brother-in-law's cousin Yoongi. They all had many tasty barbeques since then, when suddenly his stomach grumbled like a loud thunder.

Jungkook halted and slowly turned around. Taehyung tilted his head, then intertwined his hands behind his back.

"I am hungry!" He informed the other, then an idea popped up in his head remembering what Jimin told him the other day.

"Jungkooook, make me food!" He suddenly begged.

"Why should I?!" The photographer stared at him in disbelief.