chapter 45

It surprised Taehyung, who smiled warmly now. Jungkook really found ground. He, himself, was still far away and didn't even manage the normal chaos of a daily life that well.
Taehyung sighed additionally, and wanted to agree. Then something else hit him and his eyes became big again.
"Did you know? The gallery, where the exhibition will be held, belongs to your aunt! Your cousin Hobi was here yesterday and told me, he was-"
"Hold on, what?" Jungkook stopped him.
Then he became pale.
No way.

"I've met Hobi-"
"No, the vernissage is at my aunt's gallery?" Jungkook raised his voice.
Taehyung was alarmed. It sounded worrisome, so he just stood there in his arms and nodded quickly.
No time for further explanation.

Jungkook let go of him in an instant. He ran his fingers through his hair and made steps to the sides, where a single window gave sight to the outside.

"Jungkookie?"
Taehyung followed him and stopped in front of him.

"I have no contact with my family." Jungkook revealed, startling the silver blonde.
Taehyung reached out and intertwined their fingers. The ravenette smiled faintly for this little gesture, no questions needed to be asked.
Jungkook talked on his own.
"I got cheated on." He reminded his doll.

"What happened?" Taehyung asked in a low whisper.
"She had an ongoing affair with a co-worker for a few months. It broke me. My parents were furious first, then out of nowhere started inviting her over. They wanted us to make up. They couldn't see me sad, such stupid things. In the end I had to face her almost everyday and.. moved out." Jungkook told him.

Taehyung bit his bottom lip.
This was harsh.
Very harsh.

How could parents side with a cheater and liar?

But then he had heard a single detail, it didn't justify their actions but made their drive understandable.
They didn't want their son to be sad and broken.
Taehyung sighed.
"How long has it been?" He whispered.

"A few years. First I had no one, then contacted my shorty and later Hobi found out about us." Jungkook replied, chuckling.
His cousins were always having his back, although sometimes he did not make the best decisions.

"I... moved out as well." Taehyung revealed.
Jungkook looked at him and grinned.
"I can tell," he teased the older one.
Taehyung frowned and pursed his lips to a pout, let go of his hand and stepped away.
"Doll. Come here." Jungkook called him back, but Taehyung shook his head and stayed away.
Did he cross the line?

He wanted to apologize, then Taehyung laughed.
"I admit, I am a little uncoordinated." He stated.
A little? Jungkook saw his life passing away a few times this week, especially in the kitchen, but mainly out of fear this doll would hurt himself badly. And Taehyung told him his brother was far worse?

"They were overprotective." Taehyung said.
Outch.
Jungkook was, too.

"My ex was a notorious liar and I was.. his moneybag in my blindness." Taehyung told him.
"My parents were always overprotective. My brother, too. It got worse after my brother-in-law moved in. He adopted me as his kiddo and I loved how he pampered me, but it mixed with my parents' overbearing behavior too good," he added.
"And when they realized things about my ex before me.. I somehow didn't want to see it at first. Later it proved my family's points and their attitudes got worse.."
"That's when you moved out and wanted to get by alone?" Jungkook wanted to know.
Taehyung nodded.

"Parents... a disease without equal." Jungkook declared. It made the silver blonde laugh and nod again.
"But also a blessing without equal. I love them. I really do-" Taehyung started saying.
"-but sometimes distance is needed so it doesn't get toxic." Jungkook ended his sentence.
Taehyung nodded again, while humming additionally.