chapter 34

His eyes widened in shock.

The attached screen went on and Yoongi was seen downstairs.

"Taetae, please let me in. Let us talk," he heard, so his mouth dropped open.

It sounded urgent. Somehow this worried him.

"Okay, I'm letting you in," he agreed.

Moments later it was knocking upstairs. Taehyung just had walked to the bedroom to throw the duvet on the bed, then rushed to the door and opened it.

"Hello Taetae," Yoongi greeted him.

"Yoongi, did something happen?! It sounded urgent." The silver blonde immediately wanted to know, letting the black haired male in. 

The older one entered and slipped out of his shoes.
Good mood looked different.

"More or less, you can say," Yoongi answered.

"I heard the news this morning," he then added.

"What news?" It made Taehyung curious, but the older male sighed and crossed his arms.

"Taehyung.. you lost your job?" Yoongi asked him.

Silence filled the room.

Taehyung had hitched a breath and held it, looking away now. 

Sooner or later, Yoongi would find out anyway. He had written to Jimin without thinking that he lost his job, then only could do damage control and be silent about the real issue. It was embarrassing that he lost control and punched the professor in the first place.

"I haven't seen Jimin the whole week, because he was in Busan for work. Picked him up yesterday evening and this morning drove him to work.. he dropped the news then," Yoongi already explained.

"You know we are here for you. Why don't you inform us? It is-" He wanted to know.

"Because! Because I want to do it on my own!" Taehyung cut him off.

This was annoying.

And the very reason why he moved out and even changed his number. His old phone was still sitting on the shelf, he still could reach out in case of emergency.

"You are in different circumstances now!" Yoongi countered.

"I know!" Taehyung countered back, pouting.

Losing his job caused more difficulties than he would like to admit, his living condition changed.

"But please, stop babying me!" He asked.

His parents and Namjoon loved to do this. 

Somehow his brother-in-law Jin picked up this trait soon after meeting him as well, being a very caring and fierce person. He became like a second brother, but Jin's best friend was his younger cousin Yoongi. So Taehyung was introduced to the black haired male, who was now standing in front of him, very soon. Yoongi also picked up pampering and protecting him as much.

"I know I did a lot for you all for babying me, but I need to grow up now. Can't I solve my problems on my own? You don't let me breathe," Taehyung therefore went all out.

This startled Yoongi.

This side of the younger one was unseen. Suddenly he asked himself, when the change happened and why he missed it. Then Yoongi looked down at Taehyung's tummy.

Maybe since his adopted 'baby cousin', what he called him for a good while now, became pregnant. The little prince or princess contributed much to his Papa's change for sure.