interview #1 @K_Hylton (A chat with)

1. When do you begin your writing routine? (morning, afternoon, day, evening)

Honestly I begin at any point I have free or feel inspired to write this will usually be in the morning or a night time.

2. What do you need for your writing routine? (laptop, notebook, ect)

For my routine I often listening to music whilst writing, I use my IPad to write on as it is comfortable and I sit with a book filled with my ideas and so I can keep track of plots, characters and plan future chapters.  

3. What is your main focus, when you're working on a story?

My main focus is to keep the story flowing to ensure I make links and try to plant things in the right place to sit the scene for future chapters.  

4. What is something important you've come to learn, since you've begun writing?

 I've learned that it is important to not over critique yourself at first or you will never get anything finished. My best advice is to just write because you can always perfect and change things once you have finished.

5. Do you believe having some sort of writing routine is helpful?

Honestly I wouldn't know I don't follow a routine I'm not a routine person but if it works for you it works for you each person is different and I just recommend you try things until you find what's best for you.

6. What is a writing strength of yours?

 I would say my writing strength is my creativity I have lots of ideas and plots and twists I'm always excited to try out.

7. What's is a writing weakness of yours?

my weakness would be my grammar.

8. Do you ever share your writing outside Wattpad? (other social media platforms, family, friends)

 I sometimes post snippets of my story on Instagram and TikTok.

9. What's a good piece of writing advice, when it comes to beginning a new story?

When beginning a new story I think it's important to have an idea of where it could go and to have planned you main character, their personality and what you want them to be like. This will make it easier when writing so you don't forgot or lose track.

10. Who is an author you admire and why? (on or outside wattpad)

 I admire @rubixcube89201 her stories are amazing so emotional and they touch on current subjects without taking away from the story she is an amazing writer and her stories are really touching and can open your eyes to different things. 

11. Do you believe an author interacting with their readers is important?

 interacting with readers is so important sometimes to answer questions they may have to help them relate or to just let them know that you appreciate them reading your story. Without them your story would get nowhere. I love all my readers!

12. How do you believe a writer can build a fanbase?

This is a tricky one for me as I'm still trying to build my own fan base. I would see being active, posting, updating, promoting your stories. Even try branching out to other social media platforms.

{Story overview}

Title: Boken Promise
 status: complete            Genre: Werewolf/fantasy

Summary:

I take a step back and every step I take he matches it with one of his own. He reaches his hand out infront of me and grabs me by my throat. He pins me up against the wall and brings his face close to mine as he squeezes my neck. My eyes begin to roll, it's the most pleasure I've ever felt.

"Is this what you want my love, to see the dangerous side of me?" He asks but I don't get time to answer as he crashes his lips to mine.

She was his calm.

He was her storm.

He set her free.

She kept him grounded.

She made all the promises.

He kept his word.

Crystal has lived a relatively normal life for 17 years until one day the biggest secret of her family is out.

Welcome to Crystal's life. Love, heartbreak and pain await her but most importantly Promises.

To Crystal a pinky promise was everything. Who would have thought it all came down to one broken promise.

Why should someone consider reading it?

I think you should read my story because it is defiantly original and includes lots of the supernatural family. 

Are you into badass werewolves with magic powers then this is the book for you!

Looking for other creatures such as Lycans and faes then this is the fresh unique original story for you.

Looking for a little bit of spice and a slow burner then check out my story.

What inspired the overall idea of the story?

My story is inspired by my love of werewolf stories I believe everyone having someone who was truly meant just for them is magical.

Is your story a stand alone novel or a piece of a series?

My story is currently a stand alone but I am working on the second book of the series. However it can be read on its own.