interview #8 Fall prompt contest winner @AdrielleReina

-Fall 2022 Fav- Caffeinated Hearts @AdrielleReina

1 What is the title of your story? and what inspired the title?

 Caffeinated Hearts is the title of my story and I chose it because it revolves around what happens in a coffee shop with two exes that end up crossing paths.

2 What is your story about?

My story is about two high school sweethearts who cross paths as adults in a coffeeshop. Which, kind of sounds a little basic on the surface lol.

3 Is the fall prompt contest, the first contest you entered?

 The fall contest isn't the first contest I've entered. I've been in a few, but I'm very grateful to be a winner in the contest!

4 What was your reaction to discovering you were one of the winners?

My reaction was one of shock, honestly. I'm usually surprised when I do well in contests because there are a lot of talented writers on the platform. Earlier today, one of my other works didn't do well twice in a row, so I was already kind of feeling down about that and then I got notified of me being a winner here as impostor syndrome set in. Which, I'm still struggling with, so this was a nice surprise. I'm very grateful.

5 What is your favorite fall activity?

My favorite fall activity? Reading under the blankets with hot chocolate or coffee.

6 do you have any future plans with the story you entered? (standalone novel/series)

The short story takes place in a fictional universe I've created, so I would like to expand on it more eventually, But I do plan on having the characters possibly show up in my other works. But we will see! 

What's a good piece of advice to give someone, who desires to enter a contest?

Oh gosh. I've entered in a lot, I've hosted, and I've been a judge. How other people may sometimes perceive your novel can sometimes deter you from writing. Please don't let it. Contests don't define a writer. Take constructive feedback when it's due, be polite, but also remember that your place in a contest doesn't define how talented you are. Look at contests like a bonus, but write for yourself. Does your work make you happy? Your readers happy? Just keep those things in mind because it's impossible to please everyone and not everyone will like your writing. The fact you published anything on a writing platform for the world to view is brave. You've already won.

8 What is your favorite fall memory? 

My favorite fall memory? I have a few! Most recently, my fiancé and I took our son apple and pumpkin picking. That was a lot of fun. Then l we finished the day with hot apple l cider and ice cream!

What is the most important piece of a story?

The cover |quality of the story| type of story

The most important piece of a story, to me, will always be the characters. Most genres have m formulas they follow based on what the genre is. It's the characters that will stand out the most within a story.

10 How does being a part of the Wattpad community help you as writer?

The Wattpad Community has helped me find a lot of friends who share the same passion as me, which has been so beneficial to how I approach writing, as well as given me feedback I wouldn't have gotten. It's been very helpful.

11 What genre of story attracts you as a reader?

I love a good dystopian, sci-fi, or fantasy story- even better if a story blends those genres!

12 What's a good piece of writing advice, that you've learned?

A good piece of writing advice l've learned? That's tough. I've learned quite a few things. I guess the best piece of advice I've learned is to not be afraid to experiment and try something new. Whether that's in your own writing or defying genres or tropes. Just do your own thing. Have fun.

13 Do you believe contest and interview platforms help you as a writer?

 I think most contests and interview platforms are helpful. I have my own interview platform I use to help other writers and I like to think it's been beneficial for them (I hope so, anyway). I think some contests can be hit or miss for various reasons, such as when judges don't read a book and instead skim through, or read one chapter. Things like that. I think there are ways some contests can be improved, but l've also come across wonderful ones too that provide good and necessary feedback.

14 Since joining Wattpad, do you believe you've become a better writer?

 Since joining Wattpad, I can say with certainty that I've improved significantly thanks to help I've gotten along the way.

15 What is a must have item for you to enjoy the fall?

A must have item for fall?! SWEATSHIRTS! I love sweatshirts. And lots of coffee! Haha!