𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗

Start from the beginning

They always made sure to leave food for me by my door, and I appreciated that. Whenever a bit of dopamine was released in my brain, I'd pretend everything was fine and feel a little better. I'd be able to eat a morsel or two before I returned to my unhealthy grieving mode.

Today was particularly hard because it was her funeral, and I had to be there. After so many days of mourning, I had to face people. The thought alone drained me, and I wasn't ready to face the fact that she was really gone.

I was hoping she would knock on my door and tell me it was all a lie. I wanted to hear her voice one more time, and going over the voice notes she had sent me over the past year only made me feel worse. I was starting to wish that I had been hit by the car instead of her.

It felt so wrong for me to be able to live. I didn't deserve it, not after what happened. Taylor had nothing to do with my drama, she had simply given me space and assured me that she would be ready to love me when I was. Instead, this is how I repaid her for that same, unconditional love.

It was so unconditional that she died for me. That thought alone brought me intense sadness that pushed me deeper into depression. I didn't want to live with this anymore.

It was only four am and I was laying in bed, lifeless. It felt like a part of me had died along with Taylor and it was so hard for me to accept or move on from. Many days had passed and I couldn't pull myself together, I was constantly breaking down and I couldn't remember the last time I had even showered.

I only managed to brush my teeth, early mornings whenever I hoped that it was only a nightmare. And after doing so, I'd call her number again and again, until the fact settled back in. The fact that she really was gone.

I had brushed my teeth this morning, but I didn't want to call her. Today, I didn’t want to be depressed or cry before the funeral. Taylor wouldn't want that. Taylor wouldn't want me to be sad, instead, she would want me to be happy, because now she would be watching over me, and now she had the chance to be with her mom, whom she's always wanted to speak to. But I couldn't do that, I was too sad to smile.

She still felt like home and I hated it. It wasn't so easy to forget about how much of an impact she had on my life, or how patient she had been with me whenever I pushed her away.

I exhaled shakily as a few tears streamed from my eyes, and I had been so absorbed in my misery that I hadn't noticed someone enter my room.

It was until I felt another warmth against my hand, until I felt someone's hand squeeze mine gently. I couldn't face whoever it was, not in this awful state. I felt like absolute shit and I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

"Alora," the deep whisper met my ears, and my heart seemed to flutter in relief when I recognised him as Kylen. I just wanted to hug him and hear him tell me that they were lying. That everything was okay and that I'd be fine.

"I'm a murderer—"

"Shh, it's not your fault Alora. You were a victim, okay? Please don't ever think like that, please." He held my hand tighter and I sniffled.

We were quiet for a while as he let me reflect for the morning, his thumb stroking the back of my hand until it was time to get ready. I physically couldn't do it. I didn't want to do it either, and Kylen could tell what was on my mind.

He disappeared into my bathroom, and after some time, I heard some water running into the tub. He also went into my closet for a while, and after he was done with whatever he had been doing, he carefully picked me up from the bed I'd been lying in for so long.

He placed me on my feet, his silent gaze telling me that I would feel better after this. I sighed, feeling happy that he had come to my rescue. I didn't know I needed someone until Kylen vame into my room. He must have defied the family's orders as usual.