27

The following day, Minho remained home to rest and Jisung decided to look through the file that Madame Soonmin had given him back at the orphanage. He carefully removed the cardboard box and protection to find a silver box, slightly dusty but still in good shape. The only thing was there was a keyhole and the box wouldn't budge without the key.

Jisung looked up and saw that Minho was still in a deep slumber so he decided to leave him be and go to the orphanage himself. He left a note and the medications on the table and sent a message to Minho's group of friends so they could come over if anything happens and with that, Jisung flung his bag over his shoulder and left for the orphanage.

When he arrived, the orphanage just like before fell silent. Whispers erupted throughout the whole orphanage.

"Hey isn't that the psycho's boyfriend.."

"Wonder what he's doing here again..."

"Did Minho go crazy again?"

Jisung sighed and waited patiently for Soonmin to come downstairs and was greeted with a warm smile when he saw Soonmin.

"Ah dear, it's you again. Is something the matter? Minho's all good?"

"Yes ma'am, Minho is doing uh.. fine to say the least. I've come here for the key to Minho's case files' box- I couldn't open it at all. Do you perhaps know where it is?"

"Ah I'm afraid you'd have to search his room.. We haven't found it since he left the orphanage.. I'll bring you upstairs to his previous room. It may be a bit dirty as we haven't cleaned it as it was a restricted area." 

"Of course, no problem. Thank you very much, I really do appreciate it." 

The two headed upstairs with a bunch of curious children tagging along but when they got to Minho's room, Soonmin made everyone go away. Jisung stared at the door and shuddered. It was rusty with the metal bulged out, meaning Minho had punched the door from the inside so hard that he bended the metal.

Soonmin opened the door and reached for the lightswitch. When the lights turned on, Jisung was horrified. Soonmin wasn't wrong when she said no one cleaned it. Dry blood was literally EVERYWHERE and it was literally just black spots now. The walls had scratches and carvings on them and the bed was completely clawed down to smithereens, along with what seemed like the remains of a desk being shattered to pieces.

"Damn okay.. Thank you though, sorry, I'm just slightly surprised."

"Of course dear, let me know if you need anything else."

And with that Soonmin left Jisung to search for the key in the room. Good thing is the room wasn't really big so it probably won't be too hard to find the key. He aimed for the desk of course but obviously it wasn't going to be that easy. It was slightly hard for Jisung to work with too as he was claustrophobic and the only thing keeping him from freaking was the open door. He dug through the mattresses but didn't find anything either so he frowned, disappointed that he couldn't find anything. There were no other spots Minho could've hidden anything in. There were no windows, no holes in the walls, the floor, no nothing.

Then he heard a click behind him.

Jisung whipped around and saw that the door had been closed. Immediately, sweat started forming on the side of his face. He pounded on the door with all his might and the door handle wouldnt work either.

"H-hey! Let me out!!" Jisung stammered.

He heard the sound of laughter coming from the other side of the door. A group of boys possibly around 15 judging by voice. 

"This isn't funny! Let me out you scumbags!" Jisung screamed. It felt like the room was closing in on him and he felt his legs going weak. 

"You're dating a psycho and can't deal with some room? Haha! So pathetic~ No wonder you two like each other, both are trash!"

"Don't fucking speak to me like that you dipshit, I'll end your whole life when I get out of here.. And don't call Min a psycho, don't you guys have any sympathy for him? He went through that much at such a young age, could you blame him?!"

"We could keep you in there for however long we want, possibly until you die from dehydration. We have the upperhand yet you're still talking to us like this? Tut tut tut."

"God damnit what do you want?! Just let me out already!" 

"Nahh, we're good thanks." 

Jisung sank to the ground as he heard the footsteps become more and more distant. He took deep breathes and tried to calm himself which worked slightly. He decided to focus on finding the key for now and he stared at the ceiling, seeing that the ceiling light hung slightly lower than the ceiling did. He decided to give that a try and grabbed a wooden piece of the desk and threw it up at the light. It shook a bit and something clinked in it but no key came out. Jisung grabbed two more and threw them at the same time and after a few tries, the key came out.

Just then, Soonmin also opened the door. 

"Ah, you got the key? Also I apologise on behalf of the boys, I'll speak to them later."

"Oh no it's fine, if they didn't do that I'd never have gotten the key. Thank you for your assistance."

Jisung quickly hurried out the orphanage before any children could bother him again and he plopped down on a bench in a nearby park and unlocked the box.

Time to discover Minho's secrets.