12

When Jisung was born, his parents adored him a lot and would tend to neglect his older brother. As he was naive just like any other child, Jisung didn't realise that his brother was getting hurt emotionally from this and so, he never really paid attention to his brother's wellbeing. This went on for a few years and the more the time passed, the more his brother's burning hatred for him grew. One day his parents left the house for work as usual and Jisung was alone, playing with toy blocks in his nursery. That's when his brother entered the room and stared at him with jealousy.

He looked up at his brother and grinned.

"Hyung!! Come play with me!" Jisung giggled as he ran over to his brother and tugged at his shirt. His brother couldn't stand this anymore and swatted his hand off furiously, causing Jisung to fall and tumble back onto the floor. He hit his head on the edge of the crib post and immediately started crying. His brother normally would have to calm him down but this time, anger took over him. He picked up a block that Jisung was playing with earlier and chucked it at Jisung with all his might.

"You stupid child! You stole mom and dad's attention from me, sick idiot! Don't call me hyung! And you're always crying too.. Shut the hell up!" He screamed at Jisung. The babysitter ran upstairs after hearing the commotion and had to hold Jisung's brother back so he wouldn't hurt Jisung any further.

His parents seemed to become aware of this so eventually when Jisung turned 8, the whole family moved to Malaysia in hopes that the new environment would satisfy their oldest child's needs. It didn't seem to work and whenever no one's looking, Jisung's brother would constantly throw insults at Jisung. This caused Jisung to become extremely insecure of himself as he started becoming more mature and eventually, he developed anxiety because of it.

When Jisung turned around 16, a war between two clans started in Malaysia. Everyone was affected by it and thousands were dying every. Day. The Han family just stayed at home and never left so they thought they'd be ignored but however, part of the Chan Yeol clan discovered their family in hiding. Jisung was still quite innocent and he was in the living room lying on the couch reading a book when two people with messy brown hair, around 172-173 cm, an extremely fit body and a surprisingly handsome face broke into the house and pointed a gun at Jisung.

Jisung screamed and immediately dropped his book. He raised his hands to surrender and his parents had just ran downstairs to the commotion. When they arrived on ground, they saw Jisung on his knees with his hands tied behind his back and a black sack over his head. He was trembling from head to toe as he couldn't see a thing and had no idea what was going on.

"NO! DON'T TAKE MY JISUNG BABY!" His mother screamed as she ran towards Jisung.

Jisung's head jerked up hearing his mother's voice.

"MOTHER DON'T DO IT YOU STILL HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF HYUNG! JUST LET THEM TAKE M-" Before he could finish, his voice was cut off my a loud gunshot. He didn't need to see to know what happened.

"MOTHER!!" He yelled. He could feel his eyes burning. Tears. He was crying. Tears spilt from his eyes, wetting the sack he had over his head. Right after that, he heard his father barging into the room.

"GET AWAY FROM MY SON. I'M NOT AFRAID TO FIRE AT YOU BOTH!" His father screeched. Jisung could figure out that his father probably took out a shotgun and was aiming it at the two clan members. Jisung felt the hands on his shoulder immediately lifting off and heard footsteps, probably the two clan members running away. He shook his head, not like he could see anything, trying to get the bag off his head. The bag slowly slipped off and as soon as it did, he heard another gunshot. He looked up, hoping it was his father who fired but.. it wasn't.

He flipped his head around and caught a glimpse of the two clan members slipping away through the backdoor. He turned back around and saw both his parent's next to each other bleeding out to death. His mother had been shot on the head which resulted in instant death but his father was shot in the abdomen.

Jisung scooted over to a table and furiously cut the rope on his wrists on the glass desk and after a few tries, it finally got loose. He immediately ran to his father and took off his shirt before pressing it on the wound.

"No no please father! Stay with me! Keep your eyes open!! It's going to be fine!" He said as even more tears poured from his eyes and dropped on his father's shirt.

"Sweetie.. Remember dad always loves you..." His father whispered as his eyes started to close.

Jisung's brother who had went out scavenging for food entered the house and saw Jisung crying on his father's lifeless body.