Adara subconsciously rolled her shoulders as her mind was flashing with stuff Cale had said about the Plaza Terror Incident. The same secret organization that assassinated Harris Village was going to commit a terrorist act at the Capital, during the event celebrating the King's 50th birthday. 10 magic bombs were planted in random places, especially on people, and they would go off once the Blood Crazy Mage, Redika, set them off. A bunch of people were wounded, and some died. Choi Han managed to discover half of the ploy, along with the Crown Princess of the Breck Kingdom, Rosalyn. It would be the fourth time that Choi Han and the secret organization would meet. While not able to save everyone, Choi Han still saves some of the citizens at the plaza. Due to this, he becomes connected to the Crown Prince, which benefits his Highness in multiple ways.

"You will leave in 5 days," Count Deruth said. "Cale, before Basen started to do it, you had participated in all of these ceremonies. Think back on those times and have a relaxed journey, even if you haven't been to the Capital before. And Adara, I am sorry for what happened last time you were in the Capital, but this time will be better than that," he said, turning his attention to her.

She stood still as a statue, feeling the chill on the back of her neck. The chill was always there when the Capital was involved. It served as a reminder.

"Father," Cale started, his voice gentle yet indifferent. Adara's head snapped to look at his, while Basen slowly turned to look at his older brother, "I am a bit anxious because of this sudden development. I have not gone to any of these since two years ago." Adara's eyes widened by a millimetre. If this little bitch is going to refuse. She reached out and held Cale's hand, digging her nails into his skin. Cale's breathing hitched. "But I would be glad to go in Basen's place."

Adara released her hold on his hand. Turning to Count Deruth, who had missed the interaction between the two, she smiled. "Thank you for convincing my father. I hope it will be better than the last time."

The Count nodded, sympathy hiding in the corners of his eyes. He did not truly know what had happened in the Capital when she was 10, but he had heard rumours. Rumours of how prior to her disappearance, she was kind and soft-spoken, with not an imperfection on her face that looked as though it had been sculpted out of marble. But when she came back, 4 years later at an event Count Deruth was invited to, which was meant to announce Adara Thornwin as dead and her younger brother as the Official Successor, she crashed the banquet, ruining it. Except he would argue that it was ruined before it had even started. She came back with scars on her face, cold eyes, and a haunting grin on her lips as she watched the chaos around her.

That was when Cale met Adara for the first time, Count Deruth remembered. He was quiet for the whole banquet, before suddenly getting up and walking to Adara. Adara was talking to another noble, one older than her but who was listening to her with such attention that Count Deruth remembered wanting to know what they were talking about. Upon seeing Cale, Adara stopped her conversation with the noble short and started talking with Cale. Count Deruth wasn't sure how long they had talked, but it wasn't until her father had forcefully taken her aside to question her, that Cale came back to their table, saying nothing of their encounter and pretending he had never gotten up in the first place.

Blinking suddenly, he realised that his children, and his other-somewhat-but-not-really child, were all staring at him. He quickly dismissed them, making the excuse that he needed to review the plans to fortify the walls. They all left without another word. Count Deruth sighed, pulling out the blueprints, the Continent was on the brink of war, he knew. He could feel it. And he wanted his family to be safe, behind these fortified walls, while war raged on outside.

In the hallway, Basen turned to the two, not looking at them. "Hyung-nim, Noona, I wish you a good trip to the Capital."

Cale paled at that. But Adara let out a smile. "Of course, think about what you want so that I can get it for you as a souvenir." Without another word, she turned around and walked away, Cale followed her, not even looking at Basen.