Starting From The Bottom

Start from the beginning

"Aah!" He exclaimed and Scout's tail wagged. "Pff- Yes Scout you get attention too." I told him and smiled.

Jay looked at the business card "Patty Keys, Real Estate Queen." He read aloud looking to all of us "Hey this is exactly what we need, once we get a roof over our head, we can start properly training Lloyd."

"Good, cause if we know Lord Garmadon, he's not going to be taking any breaks and let's not forget, the Serpentine are at large." Cole said to us and we agreed to try this idea out.

~~~

Patty opened the door to the enlisted apartment. "This one bedroom, one half bath is a cozy dream. Who needs extras when everything is in arms reach" she smiled walking in gesturing to the state of the home.

I followed behind the others looking around the room. "Now wait until you see the lighting" she added in flipping the switch. The lightbulb flickered before falling off the ceiling fixture shattering on the floor.

"Uh...Who needs lights when you have this view?" She changed the subject heading over to the window drawing the blinds up. There was no view, only a brick wall. Some sunlight filtered into the room showcasing the aged cement walls and floorboards.

"Uh, why do I smell old people?" Lloyd asked curiously as he stepped over the glass shards. Scout sneezed and I pet his head softly.

"Look doll, I'm trying to work around your budget" Patty replied gesturing to the flat "This is all you can afford."

"Uh, this looks...Promising" Cole commented and turned to us. "Remember guys, Sensei told us our main objective is to train Lloyd, not kick our feet up in some swanky suite. If this is all we can afford, this is all we can afford."

"It could fit good for you guys. It's cozy. With some cleaning and repairs it could be a really good place. It's also near some good places" I stated. "Woah, woah, woah, let's not rush into any decision. I mean if it's really all about Lloyd, don't we need a place now that'll make training easier?" Jay interjected.

"Yeah, Jay's right" Kai agreed. "If we have to get Lloyd ready to save Ninjago from his father, shouldn't he at least have his own room?"

"Technically, that does not matter, he only-" Zane started to say until Kai bumped him.

"We're only thinking about the children. Ha ha" Jay interrupted looking to Patty and I sighed.

She thought for a moment and replied "I do have another property that you'll just love." We were led out of the apartment heading to the second location.

~~~

Inside an elevator I held onto the railing as Scout sat next to me.

The doors opened revealing a spacious suite with large windows. The setting sun filled the room coloring the environment in a warm inviting bronze hue. "Woah..." Everyone awed as I steadied myself.

"Now this is the eight bedroom hero suite. Floor to ceiling windows, digital wall television, state of the art game console..." Patty listed off only making the others more excited.

Cole shook his head thinking realistically "Uh, it seems a little out of our price range" he replied hesitantly. "Oh, sure it costs a little more, but you deserve it. I forgot to mention, there's also a dragon keep on the roof" Patty added in.