1). The Crush That Keeps On Crushing

(inserts something that makes you think that I'm a lovable and funny author when really I'm not)

______________    

Nora's POV

Watching the last of the blue dye run down the drain, I smiled to myself, it was a mark of a new era, a new me. It's a dumb tradition I had started, dying my hair every year and keeping it one colour. It was to the extent where it had both burnt a hole in my wallet and my memory. The only reason I knew that exact shade of my old hair was through photographs and when I needed to redye my hair. High school was partly to blame for my bad memory, leaving me with only a fuzzy mess of algebra and useless facts.

I liked changing my hair, cutting it short, straightening and curling it. Just anything to make myself different, to become a new person.  Maybe if my appearance changed I would too? In the last few years, I had dyed my hair so many bright colours. It was something simple to fuck with people, make mothers scorn. Pissing people off was not something I liked doing but they would get annoyed at me anyway so I might as well have fun.

This year, I didn't buy a bright colour, instead choosing black. Something that would give me an edge, it was dumb, but the bright colours were starting to become boring.

***

Walking through the dirty hallways of School, I grinned. It wasn't unusual that nobody noticed my black hair, or maybe they just didn't care. I'm not exactly one of the students that stands out, I don't have good grades, I'm not a troublemaker or a basket case. I would not even consider myself as a wallflower, I'm just Nora, an average student with a sort of average life.

I am not the kid who gets marked down in history, I'm a nobody, a happy nobody. Yeah my family has and always will be a bit dysfunctional but it's not the worst thing and I have good friends.

Wandering around the hallways full of students, some hopeful, and others just dead inside. Scanning the crowd, I tried finding the familiar faces of the only people I liked in this hell hole. "Nora." I hear a voice call out and I grin widely before wanting to hit myself, I had walked right past Jack. To be honest it wasn't my fault that the idiot had sat in the hallway, trying to balance textbooks on his head.

"Jack!" I yell excitedly, earning a few scornful stares from surrounding students. Jack not expecting my loud voice, dropped all his books on the ground.

"Holy shit, Nora" he shrieked, scrambling to pick up all his books before they got trampled on.

"Holy shit, Jack." I mimic, not bothering to help him pick up his books. It seemed like a bitchy thing to do but it was the first day back and I couldn't care less.

Shoving his books back into his backpack, that Alex, Rian, Jack and I had scribbled band logos all over. Once he had safely returned all his book's into the dark pits of his bag, Jack stared at me. His brown eyes squinting, making me laugh.

"Did you get a haircut" he questioned still staring at my hair like some creep.

"Yea, my hair got so emo it cut itself" I joked, tugging at black strand that had fallen astray.

Letting out a disappointed sigh, he made me regret saying my words. I couldn't help being a bitch and Jack knew it. He knew that I was no longer that happy kid he grew up with and he just got used to it. Both of us never knew what part of me just snapped one day, or maybe it was gradual, ending my bright happy self. I still was happy though, it just wasn't the same as before but that's just growing up.

All my friends knew I was a bitch, they're just too polite to say it. The only person who will opening call me out on being a bitch is my twin brother, Ben.