A pure soul.

Flashback

Asteria stared cluelessly at the figures before her , not for the first time. She swallowed back her usual sarcastic retort before shutting her eyes and breathing through her nose.

"I have to do what?" She asked carefully, afraid she didn't hear properly, because there was no way in hell she would stay here for an indefinite amount of time while the love of her life was stuck on earth, 'fuck that!' She thought furiously, she'd rather become human and beholden to their lifespan than spend another minute without Clarke.

The celestial or easier her creators simply stared at her , one suspiciously looking as if they were holding back a snort of laughter? Or derision? Either or it mattered very little in the grand scheme of things "Because I think you said that I have to spend a damn century here.." she pointed to the vast yet gorgeous  space "Where ever the hell here is !"

Time nodded "That's precisely what we said"

Asteria gaped, before laughing raucously, perhaps a bit unhinged to be honest "Fuck that" she spat dangerously, her lip automatically curling up into a menacing snarl "I'd rather die then leave my girlfriend" she hissed "A girlfriend that mind you ! Must be going absolutely bonkers since I've yet to wake up!"  Silence reigned in the celestial shared domain, before a snicker broke free followed by a full out deep chuckle , a chuckle that gave her the heebie jeebies to be honest, because it sounded dangerous yet thrilling at the same time. Something that sounded like a thousand voices melded together

"Foolish child" the the voice sneered making Asteria back up subconsciously "YOU THINK YOU HAVE A CHOICE?"

Asteria swallowed harshly. Staring at the celestial beings, beings older than her, older than the universe itself , well she was cocky, but she was pretty sure , scratch that, she was a hundred percent sure she was way over her head.

A much more gentle voice spoke , one that surprised her a little considering their appearance looked much more dangerous "Calm yourself  Veris  , the child is still young, she does not know"

Asteria swallowed another sarcastic retort ' if you can call being a few millennia young? Then sure , whatever floats your non existent boat Lady!' She thought biting her tongue harshly.

Veris  turned and scoffed, refusing to give her another look, fine, don't look , she turned and glanced at the other figure "then explain to me, don't give me half truths or prophecies that are a pain in the rear to decipher." She said as politely as she could.

"Asteria" her name brought a grimace to her face "As you know we have pooled our collective powers to create you, unlike the universe and all it holds , you are only a product of our collective strengths." That was simple enough "Time, space, reality, power , soul and mind ." Yes that too made sense . "as our first collaborative creation we decided to send you down to Earth, to see how you would adapt with nothing but your surroundings."

Asteria snorted unable to help herself "Great parenting by the way, tossing your kid who not even a few minutes old down to big old Earth.. most parents wait until their kids reach the age of five you know"

Soul, or rather Anima ignored the sarcasm, the remaining five did not, Veris  or rather reality glared with its pitch black eyes and she wasn't afraid to admit that she might've squeaked mentally in fear of the look.

"As time passed you have shown us that you have adapted to your surroundings quite amicably .."

"Well I did attempt to kill myself" she interjected with a scoff