You do things to me too

Their moment was soon ended and as much as Clarke wanted to remain in that position, the Arkers was running out of time.

She had so much on her mind, she was supposedly the last Druid in existence which filled with both dread and amazement.

Dread because it's felt like a load of unknown responsibility was thrust onto her without her permission.

Amazement because for the first time since arriving in Earth she felt like she was more than just  a killer.

"How do you know all of this?" She asked her companion as they walked back to the tower

"I told you the eternals or I just called them my parents showed me stories , stories of the beginning of time and all that's passed. When I sleep." Asteria paused "It's as if I step into another realm. In this realm time loses all meaning, I slept for an entire month once a couple years ago. My people believed I was dying but when I woke it didn't even feel like a minute passed."

Clarke's steps faltered slightly "That's sounds equal parts terrifying and amazing."

"It can be. I could get lost in the beauty of it all. Seeing the beauty of the universe in such a raw form .. it's mind blowing." Asteria responded with a serene smile.

Clarke licked her lips "So what does this mean? My mom and my dad.. they're still my parents right?"

Asteria stopped and grabbed Clarke's hand , she intwined their fingers. A small smile broke free on her face at the feeling of contentment thrumming through her "Jake and Abigail Griffin are your birth parents, your mother birthed you. But your fathers side of the family might have had a diluted gene passing through them until you came along. You being sent to earth catapulted these changes. You said that the eternals chose you. They chose you to harness a few powers but you were born a Druid. They didn't make you one."

Clarke sighed taking everything in, she was thankful that Asteria wasn't pushing her to accept her new status. The Queen seemed more than happy to just go at Clarke's pace.

That was good because Clarke didn't think she'd be ready anytime soon to embrace her changes. She gazed at the Queen before looking down at their joined hands. Such a simple gesture and yet it felt as of it was the best things she's ever experienced. She knew what that meant. Her feelings that had grown in the three months apart , seemed to only multiply ten fold around Asteria and they'd only been around each other for a couple of hours. It didn't feel natural and at the same time it did. It was confusing.
But a sudden thought stops her train of thought "How long does druids live?"

Asteria went quiet "I'm not sure. Merlin according to Arthurian legends was said to live into his 300's but he could've been alive before that and only then found King Arthur's cause to be a good one."Asteria shoots Clarke a look "Why do you ask?"

"It's nothing." Clarke waves off but Asteria isn't so easily fooled.

"I should warn you that while I don't advertise it, I have excellent hearing." Asteria pauses and gestures clarke to enter the lift first "That means I can hear many things."

Clarke rolled her eyes "Like what? Your maids gossiping about you?" She joked hoping the Queen wasn't being serious

As the lifts door closes "No, well yes. I hear all the tower gossip. Who's sleeping with who, what maid fancies a romp with me." She smirked "But I can hear your heartbeat and when you said it was nothing, it skipped a beat. You were lying."

Clarke frowns "So your people can't lie to you." She states "that's seems convenient."

Asteria scoffed "Its not. Hearing everything isn't all it cracks up to be. It's difficult at times. Especially after the apocalypse, I could hear some people crying in their sleep for their friends, some of their extended families being lost in the aftermath. It's not great, but it's not completely bad either. So tell me why are you curious about a druids lifespan?"