The city of Echoes

Location: Polis, throne room
Date 11 January 2150

Clarke closes her eyes before cutting into Asteria neck , she stares at the blood, it was a metallic silver, very different from hers.

She whispered the passphrase and watched in gross fascination as the AI attaches itself into Asteria's brain stem. The process is over within seconds , a grunt is heard from the woman, before her back tenses , her grip on the throne breaks beneath her strength.

"Is she okay?" Bellamy asked surprisingly concerned for the woman.

Clarke doesn't know, she doesn't look at him instead she moves around and lifts Asteria's slumped head. She raised the woman chin and finds herself surprised again. This was the second time she's witnessed it but it brought about the same sense of wonder and fascination in her.

"What.. what's happening with her eyes." Bellamy asked unable to stare into the eyes for two seconds but Clarke stares entranced.

"It's part of who she is." Clarke answers softly

"And what is she exactly?" Bellamy asked fishing for information

Clarke removes her gaze from Asteria reluctantly "I think it worked but we need to make sure no one comes in here. If she's right about the AI being a data bank I have doubt ALIE knows we're trying to shut her down." Ignoring Bellamy's question about what Asteria was.

Bellamy looks to the doors "So she'll send her followers to put a stop to it." He nods and turns to Pike "we're barricading the doors,no one comes in and no one goes out ." He said to the remainder of the group

Clarke remained at Asteria's side biting her inner cheek worriedly. She hoped Asteria was as immortal as she claimed, she didn't want to lose the woman she had come to love.. she leaned down to Asteria's ear.

"Come back to me okay, I still have plenty of things to tell you."

••••••••
Location : City of light
Date : 11 January 2150

Asteria groans as she wakes , she looked at her surroundings and frowned. It was an exact replica of her penthouse in New York. She looked at the black and white room , narrowing her eyes.

"I know you're there ALIE." She said standing up to her feet she finds herself dressed in a sweatpants and tank top.

As she goes to grab a pair of shoes form her closet , the woman appeared. She barely cast a glance in ALIE's direction. "I see you've read some of my memories." She comments lightly.

"It was more difficult than usual I admit but it was possible." ALIE stated

Asteria hummed and maneuvered through the home like it's been a day since she's left. "Great you'll be happy to know that it's an exact replica. Even down to my favorite bedsheets. Good on you." She comments sarcastically as she leaves through the doors and reaches the private lift.

"I don't understand, you are not human then why do you continue your facade of being one?"

Asteria chuckled "Well sweetheart you're a program. And while it's possible that artificial intelligence can evolve, you'll never reach the kind of sentience you desire. Now back to your question. I've long discarded my facade of being human" she gestured to her body "This is to keep my true form hidden. Humans aren't able to comprehend it, and they'll die, too many neurons firing at full blast, causing them to have mini brain aneurysms."